Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL 2012

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WasFab

by WasFab

fa63 wrote:Tsunami is a small custom builder out of Arizona working exclusively with aluminum. Here is the link to the review I wrote for this frame:

http://ft-atalay.blogspot.com/2012/03/tsunami-frame-review.html

I liked the first one a lot so I am getting a second one (being built at the moment).

it's very nice I like it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

From the link MavicZack provided (http://www.mavic-mp3.com)

"When you purchase your new Mavic wheels or a new bike equipped with Mavic wheels make sure you choose the MP3 option. Your retailer will give you a card with all the necessary information for you to register on line.

Your registration must be completed online at http://www.mavicmp3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; within 5 days of your purchase. Payment for your MP3 programme must be made on line at the same time as your registration."

It's worth doing because it only costs £1.

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

To register in the MP3 program, you need to get a registration card from your dealer. the dealer/shop confirms info like the date of purchase, retailer name, numeric code for wheel model and shop name, serial number of wheels, etc. then, YOU take this card home and complete the registration online, and pay $1. The registration site and all info can be found at http://www.mavic-mp3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

on this website, you create an account and complete the secure payment transaction.

If your dealer doesn't have the MP3 registration card, have them call the Mavic headquarters so they can fax or email one quickly.
Or, send me a PM and I can scan a copy for you to take to your dealer.

Do this quickly, you MUST register for MP3 within 5 days of your wheels purchase!
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.
http://www.mavic.com
http://www.facebook.com/mavic

sawyer

by sawyer

MavicZack wrote:To register in the MP3 program, you need to get a registration card from your dealer. the dealer/shop confirms info like the date of purchase, retailer name, numeric code for wheel model and shop name, serial number of wheels, etc. then, YOU take this card home and complete the registration online, and pay $1. The registration site and all info can be found at http://www.mavic-mp3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

on this website, you create an account and complete the secure payment transaction.

If your dealer doesn't have the MP3 registration card, have them call the Mavic headquarters so they can fax or email one quickly.
Or, send me a PM and I can scan a copy for you to take to your dealer.

Do this quickly, you MUST register for MP3 within 5 days of your wheels purchase!

Hi Maviczack - is MP3 available in the UK?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

WasFab

by WasFab

But in my case I'm not covered cause I got the wheels in Germany and shipped them to UK

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

sawyer wrote:Hi Maviczack - is MP3 available in the UK?

sawyer, go to UK portal on the site and it's £1 to register them.

fabiancanchelara wrote:But in my case I'm not covered cause I got the wheels in Germany and shipped them to UK

fab, why didn't you mention that before? Not sure where you stand.

WasFab

by WasFab

5 8 5 wrote:
sawyer wrote:Hi Maviczack - is MP3 available in the UK?

sawyer, go to UK portal on the site and it's £1 to register them.

fabiancanchelara wrote:But in my case I'm not covered cause I got the wheels in Germany and shipped them to UK

fab, why didn't you mention that before? Not sure where you stand.

I contacted Mavic and they told me MP3 scheme stands for the country you made the purchase in. I can still do it (if I would have the card) but I'll have to register it in Germany and in case of problem my service will have to be there!

BillyK

by BillyK

I just purchased a pair of 2012's for my Pinarello. I'll be taking them out tomorrow
for the first time. I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to peel off the decals.
Best of luck with your decision.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

BillyK wrote:I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to peel off the decals.

I wouldn't. I think they look great when they're spinning!

BillyK & Fab, did you weigh them before fitting?

BillyK

by BillyK

5 8 5 wrote:
BillyK wrote:I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to peel off the decals.

I wouldn't. I think they look great when they're spinning!

BillyK & Fab, did you weigh them before fitting?

Nope sorry, didn't get the chance.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

BillyK wrote:Nope sorry, didn't get the chance.

No probs.

WasFab

by WasFab

BillyK wrote:I just purchased a pair of 2012's for my Pinarello. I'll be taking them out tomorrow
for the first time. I'm still debating as to whether or not I want to peel off the decals.

I wouldn't for now, I like it as it is maybe later..! They looks nice your Pinarello,

BillyK

by BillyK

fabiancanchelara wrote:
BillyK wrote:I just purchased a pair of 2012's for my Pinarello. I'll be taking them out tomorrow

I wouldn't for now, I like it as it is maybe later..! They looks nice your Pinarello,

Thanks man. Sometimes I wonder if it's a little too much branding though.

WasFab

by WasFab

BillyK wrote:
fabiancanchelara wrote:

Thanks man. Sometimes I wonder if it's a little too much branding though.

you mean Thompson, cosmic, elite, ect...Btw you'll find the wheels very fast, they are fantastic!!

lockwood1

by lockwood1

I also agree that this wheelset is way too crowded with too many decals. I solve that issue by re-install only two decals per side.
What do you think? much better now ah?
Attachments
Giant.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com