Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL 2012

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WasFab

by WasFab

STARNUT wrote:I have 3 sets of these. 2 tubies and a clincher set. Love them, favorite all around wheel. They no longer make the tubies. If I bought some new ones I'd opt for the SLE's over the SL's. If your getting these before May 15th the extra MP3 coverage is a $1 :shock:

Starnut

what is mp3 cover? Also the SLE and the SL as far I understand are the same exact wheel beside the look - black brake surface..!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MavicZack
in the industry

by MavicZack

Thanks Starnut for mentioning the MP3 plan.

For more info on the MP3 program, you can check out http://www.mavicmp3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or

http://www.mavic.com/en/mp3-program-at- ... e_MP3_2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are some limitations but both CC SL and CC SLE are included.

CC SLE has the Exalith brake track which is a black, very hard, durable material. It's got a textured surface which makes some noise, but the brake performance is very good. Much better than on carbon clinchers, especially in wet weather. there are several threads if you search "Exalith" on this site.

happy riding! - z
USA Communications Guy
Mavic, Inc.
http://www.mavic.com
http://www.facebook.com/mavic

STARNUT

by STARNUT

MP3= "ride it like you stole it." I personally buy stuff to use and don't really care what the resale value is. Most guys have a "nice" wheel set they only ride in perfect conditions for fear of tearing them up. The MP3 program will cover anything you'd encounter under normal riding AND racing conditions. You crash and crater a set of carbone ultimates.... New set...... No questions asked. Used it a few times myself and for some customers. As billed, in case shit happens your good. So.... Race your tubies in that sketch rainy crit without fear :mrgreen:

Starnut
"Don't pedal harder, pedal faster!"
Q-FACTOR IS A RED HERRING

BB30.COM

WasFab

by WasFab

STARNUT wrote:MP3= "ride it like you stole it." I personally buy stuff to use and don't really care what the resale value is. Most guys have a "nice" wheel set they only ride in perfect conditions for fear of tearing them up. The MP3 program will cover anything you'd encounter under normal riding AND racing conditions. You crash and crater a set of carbone ultimates.... New set...... No questions asked. Used it a few times myself and for some customers. As billed, in case shit happens your good. So.... Race your tubies in that sketch rainy crit without fear :mrgreen:

Starnut

what the cost for it?

fa63

by fa63

As Starnut mentioned, if you buy the wheels before May 15, it is just $1 (usually it is 8% of the MSRP).

WasFab

by WasFab

So I got today my Cosmic SL and I went to first ride. Don't know what to say beside they felt heavy comparing my Zipp 404 tubular when I mounted them on my bike but when I went out with them, they were fast, faster as I thought and hope they will be. In fact I did my best result with them, I was much faster on the same route than with my 404. I went two circles under the 8 minutes while I never succeeded to go below the 8 minutes when any wheelset I had. What does it say about the Zipp which weight about 500gr less with Conti tubs? Does it make sense? Do I need to let go of the Zipp or send hem to Zipp for inspection and service maybe..,? Its true I didn't went any hills yet with the CC SL but I have the feeling that I'll do Richmond Park with quite A hilly terrain faster with them as well.

Here some pictures:

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

They look good.
Make sure you register them for the MP3 program.

fa63

by fa63

You may be benefiting from the "I just got new gear" effect (aka placebo effect) :)

The wheels look good on there (though I think it would look even better without the stickers).

WasFab

by WasFab

How do I register them? I haven't seen a card in the box, there up posed to be one or just get online? Also if I got online I need a number? I had sticker with number on the rim that I pulled off. Let me know so I can proceed

WasFab

by WasFab

fa63 wrote:You may be benefiting from the "I just got new gear" effect (aka placebo effect) :)

The wheels look good on there (though I think it would look even better without the stickers).

I think you right but I don't have the guts to pill them off...!

WasFab

by WasFab

fa63 wrote:You may be benefiting from the "I just got new gear" effect (aka placebo effect) :)

placebo effect? I don't think so.. I got Zipp as new wheels I mean new to me not new in the box, I got new tubs, different new additions but nothing knocked out the time and bring results you can't sometimes argue with result....it is faster. I'm not sure how it will behave with some gradient.

fa63

by fa63

The stickers peel off very easily (speaking from personal experience):

That is my bike with destickered CC SL wheels.

WasFab

by WasFab

fa63 wrote:The stickers peel off very easily (speaking from personal experience):

That is my bike with destickered CC SL wheels.

you ride "Tsunami"? Never heard of it... How it ride.?

fa63

by fa63

Tsunami is a small custom builder out of Arizona working exclusively with aluminum. Here is the link to the review I wrote for this frame:

http://ft-atalay.blogspot.com/2012/03/tsunami-frame-review.html

I liked the first one a lot so I am getting a second one (being built at the moment).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WasFab

by WasFab

5 8 5 wrote:They look good.
Make sure you register them for the MP3 program.

any one knows what I need to do to benefit of the MP3 program before May 15?