Uber light 56 gram stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

donald

by donald

My new Coparni stem. Made by Sebastian Wetz. 105mm. for 26.0 bar. I value this stem more than an AX lightness. I hope to have it on the bike this weekend, and pictures up next week. This stem, along with my new seat post should bring the weight down to 7.7 lbs.
Attachments
56 grams.jpg

Epic-o

by Epic-o

It looks really good, much better than the AX Zeus. In the "German Technology" topic somebody posted this photo some years ago, it was also made by Coparni:
Attachments
831C2AC0BFE911DE8E3F6F224D858CC5.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gumgardner

by gumgardner

The weight is awesome. I wouldn't say it looks nicer than the Zeus though. This is more raw looking. It'll be a nice addition though.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

So is that custom built for you Donald or will it see retail light of day for the masses? What was the price on that sucker if you're allowed to disclose that?

donald

by donald

I won't go into details, but the stem is about one year old. It has never been used. I paid $ 350. for it, that included the shipping from Germany. I'm not sure if Sebastian wants to build any more right now as I think he is busy with other things. If he does, it takes about 6 months to build one.