Record or DA?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

digger wrote:I dont understand. I though if you have campag 10 speed you get a dura-ace chain. Carnt rember the exact reason why but its what you do. And wouldn't replacing chain,cassett,chain rings on a record group set be quite expensive, definitly for me. That why i got ultegra :P .

People used to do this because of the Permalink, now no longer with us. Reminders can be found in many tool boxes, including mine....

I used to use a Sachs PC-89R chain, but I did have some problems with chainsuck for some reason, Record chains (with a Wippermann link) don't do this, and you can remove the chain for cleaning without tools.

I'm waiting for the new lightweight Ultra chain from Campy...then my new bike should be 12.2lbs :twisted:
Ride lightly!

Superlite

by Superlite

Are you ever going to show us your beast oh mighty bald one? :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Superlite wrote:Are you ever going to show us your beast oh mighty bald one? :wink:

Yes I'm just waiting for a couple of parts!
Ride lightly!

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I'm not sure how many riders here have had the chance to experiment with the DA10, but are the Campy and DA10 chains compatible?

What is the wear life like on the DA10 chain?

Brian

Superlite

by Superlite

Don't know about chanin compatibility, but chain wear is good so far. 2000 miles to boot, to probs yet, chain stretch not showing up on indicator.

mises

by mises

There is a long bit on chain wear and maintenance in Velonews tech online that reports Shimano engineers have demonstrated increased chain life by turning it inside out after a while.

I always suspected that was the case but it's nice to know someone took the time to investigate. I don't pay much attention when I remove the chain so I hope I am producing a random distribution of head or tails when it hits the floor after I remove the link.

bobalou

by bobalou

Yes.. it's a great article. I never thought of flipping the chain. That is a MF'r of an idea! :P

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/art ... 610.0.html