Chris King BB compatibility

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ekimeno

by ekimeno

I'll very likely be wanting to build up a bike with the following:

Kuota Kharma frame
Chris King BB - one of these: http://chrisking.com/bottombrackets/bottom_bracket
Campagnolo Centaur Ultra-Torque 10-speed drivetrain

As I need both a compact chainset and one that works with CK, I'm going to have to toss my current standard UT chainset/BB cups in favour of a CK compatible one (24mm crank spindles) - question is, what compact chainset options do I have that will be compatible with both the CK BB and a Campag 10-speed chain?

TIA

Mike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kastrup

by Kastrup

"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

musket

by musket

If you use Stronglight 10/11s speed rings, you can use any 130bcd crank out there. Of the decent 24mm ones, there's Rotor, FSA, Shimano and others.

ekimeno

by ekimeno

Thanks, so basically something like an FSA Gossamer Pro MegaExo Compact Chainset would be compatible with the CK BB, but not with the Campag chain? I'd need to fit something like the Stronglight Dural 5083 110mm Shim 9/10 Chainring to the FSA chainset in order for the Campag chain to work?

...or is it the Stronglight Zicral 7075 110mm Camp 9/10 Chainrings?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

From what I can see, you can use a FSA Gossamer SRM with a CK BB? Would that be correct?

What about the k-force light?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sideshow_bob

by sideshow_bob

I can't guarantee it, but you may be able to get the CK to work on the UT cranks.

I run a CK ceramic on my track bike, on the NDS there is a sleeve that converts the 25mm bearing to the 24mm on the Omnium cranks I use. I don't see why running this both DS and NDS wouldn't work ok. It runs perfectly fine on my track bike and spins nice, no complaints from me. YMMV.