My Baum Corretto NAHBS Special - Titanium Track Bike - 5.7kg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

artray wrote: I am starting to think that some of you WW out there have never had a girlfriend/boyfriend. You lot are mad :lol:

Big boys have made threadless BB30 for that purpose.
But a correctly greased threaded BSA is really sensitive

TMK001

by TMK001

Tinea Pedis wrote:Had one of these 'girlfriend' things once.

She asked me to choose between her and the bike.

Told her I'd miss her but would find ways to cope.

Errrrm? Single again?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Nah.

She knows about the 'other love' :wink: and is coping.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

TMK001, he`s talking about his right hand.... :D

cmh

by cmh

TMK001 wrote:The Front is a 49 and I'm pretty sure the back is a 14. You can see the pics by John Prolly - http://prollyisnotprobably.com/2012/03/ ... um-cycles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - the spacing is spot on, I'm guessing the original pics were rushed and the thing wasn't set up spot on.

:noidea: I saw it in person and have raced track...spacing doesn't look spot on to me in this pic either but :noidea: Hope you race it well.

TMK001

by TMK001

How much space to you need? There is 5-8mm there with a quite a big gear in it? Am I missing something?

Dalai

by Dalai

TMK001 wrote:How much space to you need? There is 5-8mm there with a quite a big gear in it?

Agreed. Thinking the weight is a bigger issue with racing this. The comissairres were lax at the last Masters State titles but will weigh bikes at Nationals...

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

Stunning bike although it seems a tiny bit mad to me to ride Lightweights on the track, given the number of crashes.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

They use LW's in CX, where they would be put under even more testing conditions.

I see no issue with track.

And Todd, I expect to see you lining up for Nationals :thumbup:

Andrew69

by Andrew69

MajorMantra wrote:Stunning bike although it seems a tiny bit mad to me to ride Lightweights on the track, given the number of crashes.

Was thinking the same thing.

What a truly stunning bike though :shock:
Raoul has done afantastic job with that bar/stem combo.

Dont happen to race it at RAW at Dunc Gray this winter do you?
Would love to see it in person.

TMK001

by TMK001

I plan to try to get to as many track meetings in Melbourne as I can. I'm based out in the western district these days... I'm sure we can come up with a weight to make it meet the weight limits.

I'm still racing as Elite (28) so it's in with the serious guys and I don't want to hurt anyone being in the way at the Nats. I plan on getting fit for a starters, overcoming a pretty shiit 18 months for my cycling and getting back to some base where I have been in the past. There are some positives, its just making the most of what I've got and trying to do this bike justice!

As for the Lightweights, they are wheels, made for track racing... they are half the price of the Mavic iO/Comete set up! I have insurance on my gear also.

Cheers,

Todd

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Nice bike.

What about a black chain?

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

Stunning bike. Flawless.....in my opinion :D

sakic

by sakic

TMK001 wrote:As for the Lightweights, they are wheels, made for track racing... they are half the price of the Mavic iO/Comete set up! I have insurance on my gear also.

Todd

Todd, if you did race it at RAW you would almost have to have insurance for it. So many crashes, it's crazy.

But apart from surviving a crash, I think the wheels will function fine and look good at the same time. Maybe not the fastest, not the slowest ?? does it really matter that much? they should be stiff as and with 200psi in them ... fast.

@ stephen@fibre-lyte, I agree. Looks spot on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TMK001

by TMK001

wassertreter wrote:Nice bike.

What about a black chain?

Any links to decent black chains? I got this one as its the best you can get as far as I could tell? The idea was the build a bike that I could race it flat out without breaking stuff. I've broken road bikes and its not very reassuring, I wanted this to be pretty, but primarily it is a track bike I want to ride like track bikes are made for!

stephen@fibre-lyte wrote:Stunning bike. Flawless.....in my opinion :D

Thanks!

sakic wrote:Todd, if you did race it at RAW you would almost have to have insurance for it. So many crashes, it's crazy.

But apart from surviving a crash, I think the wheels will function fine and look good at the same time. Maybe not the fastest, not the slowest ?? does it really matter that much? they should be stiff as and with 200psi in them ... fast.

@ stephen@fibre-lyte, I agree. Looks spot on.

Cheers mate... I hope to pick it up next week finally!