English Custom Steel Integrated di2 USB - Updated Pics pg20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

I agree here. You have a one of a kind personally customized bike that no one will ever have probably. I would be happy with that. In fact I am in the same boat as you sort of but I am more than happy with mine and love seeing what comes out of his mind for other builds.

This is a thing of beauty and like yours one of a kind.

Wait till this gets some Omega Brakes for perfect center pull which will make the bike just that much more slick and the front as well.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KWalker

by KWalker

Go ride your bike down any of the DC area trails. You will immediately cheer up once you see some of the monstrosities that people are proud to roll on. I'm jealous of your bike and I think my rig is pretty nice itself.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I just wish I could run a crank with a 30mm spindle. Otherwise, I am very happy with it.

fa63

by fa63

I put your bike up on my blog; hope you don't mind.

http://ft-atalay.blogspot.com/2012/03/e ... bikes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crohnsy

by crohnsy

xnavalav8r wrote:I just wish I could run a crank with a 30mm spindle. Otherwise, I am very happy with it.

Isn't your BB threaded? You have a couple choices like Zipp as posted above, Ax, THM, Lightning etc..

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

There isn't enough room in the bb shell to accommodate the di2 wiring and a 30mm crank spindle. The bike was built around a crank with a 24mm crank spindle per my specification. It's the only thing I regret about the build.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

fa63 wrote:I put your bike up on my blog; hope you don't mind.

http://ft-atalay.blogspot.com/2012/03/e ... bikes.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No problem for me. And I am sure Rob will be happy to get more exposure.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

xnavalav8r wrote:There isn't enough room in the bb shell to accommodate the di2 wiring and a 30mm crank spindle. The bike was built around a crank with a 24mm crank spindle per my specification. It's the only thing I regret about the build.

Ah.. That's a bummer. Time for a new frame then. :lol: :wink: :beerchug:

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Yeay! Back to original spec! I was able to get a second-generation Sweet Wings bottom bracket from Craig at EE-Cycleworks. This BB has a retaining clip insode to prevent the bearings from being pushed inward as the cranks are tightened. I had to put some spacers between the cups and BB shell to get everything aligned properly, but it all works. Great happiness! :beerchug:

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

OK, I give up! I can't keep the Sweet Wings cranks tight... and the issue is only getting worse. So I caved in and ordered a DA 7900 crankset and ceramic bb today.

:(

NGMN

by NGMN

I think the DA7900 may very well look better anyways. I love this bike, it is so awesome.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Just charged my di2 for the first time since purchase. That aftermarket battery is amazing. Too bad they don't make it anymore.

Switched brakes over to Gravitas. Changed bar tape to Lizard Skins. Ready for the next season...

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Considering giving a different steel crank a try...

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

Damn those cranks are nice! Another option would be Morati cranks (most of them seem to last).

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

xnavalav8r wrote:Considering giving a different steel crank a try...

Have I missed something? Who makes these? Availability? BB30? Sweet Wings for the new millennium?!
Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com