Unlucky me - Serotta MeiVici - Latest update Pg 5.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

playride

by playride

LiveFastRideHard wrote:Oh man that is awful!! What frames would you be interested in and what dimensions would fit? I am always buying and selling new frames and bikes and would love to pass on a great deal if one comes my way!! Another forum I am on, Slowtwitch, has a topics discussing good and bad sellers for users to read before buying maybe an Admin can sticky those to the For Sale section and they can be looked at before a purchase.

Well im looking for either pinarello paris or prince between 2008-2009 with 50 on seat tube. But because of what happened, my budget for bike has been busted as it was my last piece of puzzle to complete the project bike. I am also open for de rosa, time vxrs, or anything thats similar. Just drop me a message if u have any good deal, let me see whether i can fork out some money somewhere :). I now see the admin do some good note to let everyone know not to use paypal as gift, and i appreciate that. Thanks.

KWalker

by KWalker

I've yet to have a single issue with purchasing on this forum, but I tend to shy away from new posters. Not to say that they aren't trustful, but its pretty easy to troll for a few months and then unload something huge.

Also, as a paypal warning, always offer to eat the fee or ask if they can share it with you. Only way to ensure things in a case where something has gone wrong.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jcrr

by jcrr

Totally freaking sucks. :evil:

Member Chiva is an awesome seller :thumbup: He sent me a PayPal invoice for a transaction, something other sellers might think of doing.

I really hope the OP is made whole again, either frame or $
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

crohnsy

by crohnsy

Did you pay Paypal with your credit card? Perhaps there's some recourse there? I'm sure you've saved your correspondence with the "seller"

Anything I buy using Paypal I tend to use my credit card for the payment.. My thinking is that if Paypal lets me down maybe my credit card company will back me up...

sawyer

by sawyer

Lance is a cheating c**t and now it's proven.

Sorry to hear about that, and good you still recognise the vast majority of people on here are honest.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

trustbran

by trustbran

What a punk! You'll get something good your way while mr. armstrong will probably get a beat down coming his way! Good luck mang!

Mahalo

playride

by playride

KWalker wrote:I've yet to have a single issue with purchasing on this forum, but I tend to shy away from new posters. Not to say that they aren't trustful, but its pretty easy to troll for a few months and then unload something huge.

Also, as a paypal warning, always offer to eat the fee or ask if they can share it with you. Only way to ensure things in a case where something has gone wrong.

Sharing the fees is something that i usually do when i sell my car parts online to US. But not everyone feels the same.

jcrr wrote:Totally freaking sucks. :evil:

Member Chiva is an awesome seller :thumbup: He sent me a PayPal invoice for a transaction, something other sellers might think of doing.

I really hope the OP is made whole again, either frame or $

Yup, i guess sending invoice is another option to help to protect both seller and buyer.. something to consider

crohnsy wrote:Did you pay Paypal with your credit card? Perhaps there's some recourse there? I'm sure you've saved your correspondence with the "seller"

Anything I buy using Paypal I tend to use my credit card for the payment.. My thinking is that if Paypal lets me down maybe my credit card company will back me up...

Yeah, ive tryied going to my card company, but they said they money has been more than 2 weeks and the money has been claimed from the bank and there is not much they can do to help unless the transaction is still fresh and the money has not been released and claimed.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

Well that sucks..

sakic

by sakic

Mate that is totally shit. Could the admin help you with his ISP or internet address? whatever it is called? I don't know.

usually some scum like him will do this over again and bigger scams and finally be dealt with once caught. I feel sorry for you though.

corky

by corky

hope his ball drops off...

playride

by playride

sakic wrote:Mate that is totally shit. Could the admin help you with his ISP or internet address? whatever it is called? I don't know.

usually some scum like him will do this over again and bigger scams and finally be dealt with once caught. I feel sorry for you though.

not much admin can do i guess.. but posting this to warn other buyers to be careful as well.

marcob

by marcob

That's really bad!

I had the same happening. Bought some giro shoes from user "nycmtber". He had more than 300 posts and even his own website. Payed with paypal (gift) but never got the shoes and he never answered my mails.
I really cannot understand why a cyclist want to cheat another cyclist.

soulbike
in the industry

by soulbike

Maybe he was cycling and got hit by a car and died? Or maybe he should? Just saying.....

Ape don't kill ape..... always had that saying stuck in my head for situations like this. This sucks.

PoorCyclist

by PoorCyclist

I am sorry to hear about this!
I do see a trend here to ask for Paypal gift and is usually not on other forums.
Although there is supposed to be no fee. If you use a credit card the buyer still have to pay the fee.
You really have very little recourse when things go wrong, as soon as you use the gift option you opted out from the normal paypal protection. A seller don't have to send your stuff and there is not much you can do.

So just say no to Paypal Gift, find a Paypal fee calculator, offer to pay the fee, or sellers should factor in the cost of Paypal in asking price. Keeps everyone honest.

Many forums have a trader score or separate section to vouch for good/bad users.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com