Here are a couple of shots of a very very rough initial incarnation, with some more stats:
Size: 53, w/ 530~545 top tube depending on how you measure. 140mm headtube, 465mm seat tube c-c, 72 h.a., 74 s.a., 45 rake, 1 1/8~1 1/4 tapered fork.
Frame Weight: 911g with hangers but no bolts, with ISP uncut. Raw w no paint. 893g after ISP cut to 645mm (cutting to a non-ISP length should drop another 20-25g). A clear coat will add 30-50g and a paint job another 70-100g. But this is 12K, so UD should be a bit lighter, 20-30g ish. So there you get lost in the math. Bottom line is, it will be a 900g-ish frame, which is slightly above my expectation. I will probably attempt an "SL" version at some point but that will cut 80-90g at most.
Fork weight: uncut 365g, cut 340g.
Seatmast topper: 118g. Will be a bit lower, still trying to source a titanium screw. Should be around 112g when all is done. For better or worse, I decided against the more popular design used by 3T, Tune, etc, in favor of a more robust clamp structure.
Total weight with mix of Campy Chorus/R/SR/ZG come out to 12.9lbs w/o pedals. There should be plenty of room for ww'ing, if I am prepared to throw money at it.
Carbon: a mix of T700/T800/T1000 fibers. Gave up on the NANO bandwagon as the weight savings will be fairely negligible based on the feedback I got.
Construction: monocoque front triangle, carbon rear dropouts w alu hanger.
A few things to note:
1. The 140mm headtube seems long, but it compensates for a super low fork crown of 365mm (possibly lower than any production fork crown) which pushes headset bearings farther apart to achieve a "slam-it" result. As discussed before, this helps with the front end stiffness as well. Based on my math, this replicates the 53cm Colnago C50 which fit me perfectly.
2. Seat tube is dropped back by 15mm to hug the rear wheel, so the top tube c-c measurement seem slightly longer than the effective length. The seat mast topper also offers more offset (23mm) than it seems (8mm).
3. Down tube is lowered partly due to the lower fork crown and partly due to the "hug the crown" design, or whatever they call it. I thought long and hard but ended up going away from the Merckx/Dogma type design as the "crown fairing" on the fork would be pure dead weight, but the funnel shaped downtube actually increases the stiffness and fits better into the integrated structure in my mind. Plus the fork will be more versatile (yes, I am playing with the idea of a custom titanium frame somewhere down the line). Fastening the front brake is easier than I thought. You just turn the handlebar a little bit. That's all.
4. Rear shifting cable will go through the toptube and then seatstays, which will save some cable length (80-100mm) plus less curve in the cable, which will help smooth the shifting. Right seatstay is therefore enlarged by 3-4mm in diameter to accommodate the internal cable. This apparently is working well, as the prototype shifts perfectly.
5. The cables will enter the head tube which will shorten the amount of cable left out in the wind, which hopefully will help clean up the air flow in the front. In fact, as you can see, I have tried to eliminate the exposed cable as much as possible. That said, the rear brake cable might need some rethinking given the frame size.
6. Looks wise, it's definitely a bit rough, but I have a feeling that if it's properly dressed up, it could potentially be a looker too.
Testing is being done. Some prelim numbers are fairly encouraging.
I will point out the wrong direction of the front skewer myself