Unlucky me - Serotta MeiVici - Latest update Pg 5.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

playride

by playride

Hi,

I wanted to introduce myself properly when i could complete my project bike, but unlucky me, i got cheated by a user in here named "Lancearmstrong" when i thought i bought myself a Pinarello Paris frame from him back in Jan 2012. He got himself about 34-35 post before he put in a classified on his Pinarello Paris frame for sale. I bought many items from users in here namely Jonjones13, vladoo, bfglite to name a few and i have received all their items so i could complete my first so called WW bike. I can say that I have almost everything to assemble a bike except for the frame that till now never got delivered to me since Jan. He gave me tracking number which not valid. Many attempts has been made to PM/emails/paypal contact but all the emails seems to be deleted or unregistered. Even his user name in here has been 'inactive'.
Lesson learnt the hard way here also is, DO NOT make payments via paypal as GIFT, although it saves the seller some money, because once you do that, you are not protected by Paypal buyer protection scheme. So use "purchase goods" option and pay the difference using GIFT option to the seller so at least you can claim the big chunk of your money via paypal if anything unwanted happened.

I will still complete my project bike using my current frame nonetheless, but it is heartbreaking when such thing happens. I am sure the user "Lancearmstrong" is still browsing this wonderful and informative site and you should know who you are. Do give me a message if you think you re sincere seller as I cant seems to get hold of any of your email registered in here or paypal as all the email address has become invalid.

I will post my project bike in the near future in this thread although the frame will not be the my choice of project bike. But that is all i got for the time being...so be nice on the future comments :)

Thumbs up to all the honest sellers out there and to dishonest seller; always remember what goes around comes around. Cheers!

As mentioned, here s my current completed bike. Although some may not be my choice of parts, but here s what i have for now. Weighing about 6.32kgs or about 13.9lbs.
Campy Record 10s gruppo
Zero G 05 brakes
Gen 2 LW Obermayer with Veloflex Carbon
Selle Italia SLR Carbonio Flow saddle
FSA Carbon Pro Crank
Trigon Intergrated Carbon Handlebars
Tuned saddle post
Tune Skyline skewers
Tune cage
DA pedals - soon to Speedplay

Hopefully ill get my new frame sometime next month. Will post the new frame project soon, and just done a century ride event with this bike last weekend and it felt good. Thanks to all the sellers that sold the bits n pieces to make this happens. Cheers!

Got my new setup recently. MeiVici.

13.2lbs = 6.00kgs
- Serotta MeiVici frame + F3 fork
- Zipp SL Speed Stem
- 3T Rotundo Pro (Soon to tuned Zipp SL Bar)
- Thomson Masterpiece saddle post
- Lightweight Standard 3 with Continental Competition
- Tune Skyline skewers
- Selle Italia Carbonio Flow saddle
- Zero G 05 brakes
- Campy SR 11 Shifters, FD, RD
- Campy SR 11 Ti Crankset
- Time iClic Titan Carbon Carboflex Pedals

Surprised with the weight as i was expecting heavier numbers. Still room for improvement, and ill take better pictures when i have the time. Stay tune
Last edited by playride on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 9 times in total.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Jeeez. Awful story. Sorry to here that. It amazes me how awful and dishonest some people are.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

Sorry to hear that. Gutted for you if this really is the case. :(

Wingnut

by Wingnut

That's F..KED!

sjc166

by sjc166

For every 100 good eggs there are always one or two rotten ones. Sorry to hear about your story, karma will catch up with this thief!

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Terrible.......It never ceases to amaze me the greed of some ppl. Sorry to hear this story. I look forward to seeing your build.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

sjc166 wrote:For every 100 good eggs there are always one or two rotten ones. Sorry to hear about your story, karma will catch up with this thief!

My thoughts exactly!!

drchull

by drchull

Wow, hard to believe that someone named LanceArmstrong could be less than honest.

Sucks to here about you getting ripped off. I have generally found the buy and sell here to be good, though generally I do spend a bit of time going through the sellers posts and profile.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Maybe forum moderators should also determine some rules for selling to prevent such things.

playride

by playride

drchull wrote:Wow, hard to believe that someone named LanceArmstrong could be less than honest.

Sucks to here about you getting ripped off. I have generally found the buy and sell here to be good, though generally I do spend a bit of time going through the sellers posts and profile.

Well, to be honest, i did browse through his post since the beginning and it seems he s and avid cyclist like all of us, so thats why i decided to go ahead with the transaction, but it seems the frameset was not meant to be mine.

majklnajt wrote:Maybe forum moderators should also determine some rules for selling to prevent such things.

Well, I guess admin has set some ground rules on posting a classified, but there will always be people, who will go around that to get quick dishonest money.. not much admin can do i think..
Last edited by playride on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

artray

by artray

Sorry to hear that , I think most people on this sight are cool. Good luck with your build.
Armstrong you ars%ho%e , do the right thing . You must be one sad tw%t . Pay up and get your life in order. This will come back to you big time.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Only do business with Jan Ullrich :P
Seriously, always (besides paying safely through paypall) get to know more details about buyers/sellers, like real name, adress, phone number etc. I always google sellers/buyers, and I make sure I get a good image of who that person really is before going on with the transaction.

playride

by playride

de zwarten wrote:Only do business with Jan Ullrich :P
Seriously, always (besides paying safely through paypall) get to know more details about buyers/sellers, like real name, adress, phone number etc. I always google sellers/buyers, and I make sure I get a good image of who that person really is before going on with the transaction.

Well, been doing online transaction for years, but i guess i can start asking for real name, address and phone number, just in case. Thanks! Never done that.. i trust people too easily.
How do you google people image (beside the famous one) anyway? millions or billions of them, you wont know which one..? :)

Kam0916

by Kam0916

Im sorry to hear that... Lancearmstrong show some balls(or you dont have any) and man up to pay back or send the pinarello asap !

LiveFastRideHard

by LiveFastRideHard

Oh man that is awful!! What frames would you be interested in and what dimensions would fit? I am always buying and selling new frames and bikes and would love to pass on a great deal if one comes my way!! Another forum I am on, Slowtwitch, has a topics discussing good and bad sellers for users to read before buying maybe an Admin can sticky those to the For Sale section and they can be looked at before a purchase.
Felt DA(RIP), Look 595, Merlin CR Works, Calfee Tetra Pro, Moots Vamoots

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com