Weight Weenie 30.0mm seat post?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Guys,

I’ve recently bought a Pegoretti Responsorium (from another WW member), which I’m gradually pulling together parts for. One area I’m a bit stumped on is the post which is 30.0mm in diameter.

It appears no one makes anything vaguely Weenie in that size?

The best I can find so far is a Thomson Elite, but that comes in around 238gms which isn’t’ exactly lightweight.

I know I could run a shim and a 27.2mm post but I’d rather find a 30.0mm post if possible as I find shimmed posts tend to either slip, or creak like an old barn door!

Is there anything out there that I’ve overlooked?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

http://www.wrcompositi.it make some nice posts in 30.0 dia.

Don't completely discount shims. I've got a USE thermoplastic that doesn't creak or slip.

shinyboy

by shinyboy

WR Compositi

http://www.bikeonline.eu/catalog/produc ... ts_id=1472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the size you need it will be in the neighbourhood of 200g - but don't worry about the weight too much, for a Respo this is the seatpost you need.

Please, Please do not put a Thomson on it - don't get me wrong, it's a quality item, but belongs on a mountain bike not a Pegoretti.

bricky21

by bricky21

Thomson can be tuned down with ti bolts and Smud carbon cradles. Also http://www.boldprecision.com/seatposts.htm can be had in custom sizes. A shim is a good idea also.

P.S. We need a silly comment hall of fame around here, and surely "Thomson belongs on mountain bikes only" would make the top ten right along with "Titanium is nice but it's not stiff enough to race" , and some of the hilarious comments about what seat post setback and # of spacers say about a riders ability. :beerchug:

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

This is why I love this forum, I’d never heard of WR Compositi before! Looks like we could have a winner.

Does anyone know if they are compatible with Fizik braided carbon rails? Also, any idea how I can find out what the minimum insertion length is (so I can get the shortest one possible)?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

Kastrup

by Kastrup

Sorry for OT.

But damn you for picking up that frame right before my friend got around to pm'ind the seller! :beerchug:
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

shinyboy

by shinyboy

bikewithnoname wrote:This is why I love this forum, I’d never heard of WR Compositi before! Looks like we could have a winner.

Does anyone know if they are compatible with Fizik braided carbon rails? Also, any idea how I can find out what the minimum insertion length is (so I can get the shortest one possible)?

Yes they are compatible with the Fizik braided rails.

The WR posts I've had have never had a limit mark - but about 60-70mm insertion will be fine, you want to go just below the bottom of the seat tube/top tube junction.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks Shinyboy!

Kastrup, sorry dude, but trust me, it's gone to a good home!