Felt F1 2011 With Connondale Hollowgram Cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

maccpres

by maccpres

I've been trying to install a Cannondale Hollowgram SL Crank on a Felt F1 with no luck. The non drive side bearing does not seem to press in far enough into and against the carbon shoulder inside the BB shell[normally a circlip would fit in a groove here].
Thus,the spindle will not reach outboard enough on the drive side to allow clearance for the small chainring.
Makes no difference whether 0,1,2,3,4,or 5 spacers and wave spring is installed.
Small ring is eating into the chainstay protector.

I've been reading and the only thing I've come up with is the Cannondale QC850 is a longer spindle. Does anyone know if it is long enough to make it work on a FELT F1 frame. Also what cranks are F1 owners using, Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

A friend of mine has just installed a Hollowgram SL on a Kuota Kom which has also a full carbon BB shell with the carbon shoulders inside the shell instead of the circlips.
I would measure the bearing shell width of the F1 on different points around in the shell and compare the shell width of the non drive side with the drive side.
It may be that Felt has not laminated according to the tolerances of BB30 bearings.
In such a case I would seek for a replacement frame instead of a longer crank spindle.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

I'm using Super Record 11 with my F1, but the frame is their first year of the carbon model. Forget what year that is, but that's around 5 going on 6 years now?

maccpres

by maccpres

Thanks "I would measure the bearing shell width of the F1 on different points around in the shell and compare the shell width of the non drive side with the drive side."

Not what I wanted to hear of course, but I'll try that and see if I find any differences.