What disk is this?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Echo

by Echo

If I'm not mistaken, Easton doesn't make a disk. And for some reason it doesn't look like a Zipp to me... Any ideas?

The only Zipp it looks like it COULD be is the Sub 9, however it doesn't have a toroidal shape on the outside...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spandexboy817

by spandexboy817

Looks like a zipp 900 era disc to me without the dimples. If it's not torodial it could be the zipp super 9

Echo

by Echo

The only reason I don't think its a Zipp 900 or Super 9 is because of the flat section on the outside (where the easton graphics are.) Both the 900 and Super 9 have faceted panels all the way to the brake track.

5shot

by 5shot

I agree with the 900 era Zipp answer... you cannot see the individual panels where they are covered up by the large (and ugly) Easton logo.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that it is Lightweight.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

campbellrae

by campbellrae

If it's Cadel's, he was using a Lightweight disc last year at the Tour, I'm sure it was discussed on here at the time!

racermech

by racermech

Not a lightweight http://www.racycles.com/product.aspx?catid=9,502,846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Cadel did use one at the tour, and maybe other riders on BMC have as well. You can see the "spokes" even with the easton stickers. I believe the Levi and RS used some Lightweights and you could see the spoke pattern under the full sized sticker.

I believe the easton stickers are one giant piece not 3 stickers, that would explain why the carbon "panels" dont go all the way up.

hansonator69

by hansonator69

Might be relevant to this discussion http://forum.tour-magazin.de/entry.php? ... oduktionen
Maybe Easton will use a pre-dimpled Zipp 900 in their lineup?
Slam your stem.

audiojan

by audiojan

Looks like it could be a Mavic Comete.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

llhh

by llhh

A while ago Easton was rumored to come to market with their own disc, however I think it was supposed to happen for 2012 already, so it should have been here by now. Then again, they might be behind and finally testing something... Having spent tens of hours looking at different discs lately I cannot tell for sure what this is, which makes it quite interesting.
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS

Echo

by Echo

llhh wrote:A while ago Easton was rumored to come to market with their own disc, however I think it was supposed to happen for 2012 already, so it should have been here by now. Then again, they might be behind and finally testing something... Having spent tens of hours looking at different discs lately I cannot tell for sure what this is, which makes it quite interesting.

Precisely why I posted this... For the life of me, I can't figure out what it is. The only thing that kind of makes sense is a Zipp 900 style disk, with those Easton graphics masking the faceted panels under them... But I don't know...

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

zipp 900. if you go back in the bmc history a bit phonak has been using zipp, sometimes with dt hubs, then astana easton rims with dt hubs, rebadged zipp rims and discs, then bmc racing team on dt wheels(pretty much the astana wheels with red dt stickers)and since 2010 bmc racing team on easton, and these discs are still there. they probably stay true because of all the stickers;-)

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

See, this is why we like our Pro 'incrowd'.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com