Ciamillo delivery - Gravitas SL pictures added.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

outhouse

by outhouse

You're not wrong here, in the industry, but I think Ted's situation and attempts to solve his predicament have been fairly covered in this thread. Hec, he's even posted twice during this discussion.

What I don't quite understand is even when things go wrong is the lack of consistency. One minute the products are coming today, the next a month has gone by and not even a word as to why they're not stopping my bike!

Actually saw a pair yesterday doing service on a custom Gaint TCR at a local bike shop - looked great, so I know they exist, I even have reason to believe that they have arrived since last October - so perhaps parts are leaving the factory.

What we really need is for Ted to reply and privide a proper explanation of what's going on, he has a lot of cyclist's money - he certainly has mine - I think we deserve this at least...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting an update to our manufacturing issues but as several pointed out in a most explicit way, talk is cheap. I wanted to report some insight on the state of production and my business but I also wanted to have results on a collection specific complaints that a good friend gathered for me.

First, address the production issues... it is a simple case of personnel changeover and training. I lost several key personnel in the last year. One of whom had been with me for almost a decade, had to leave to be near his sick mother another state away. This guy was more than a production manager, he was a great scheduler and inspector.. the quality of my product was largely due to the artistic demands of this employee.. I created the designs, programmed the machines, worked out the bugs and setup production but it was his ability to maintain my vision of a quality machined component that kept us at the top. He left last February... so over a year ago and finding a replacement has been more than a small challenge..

There are other factors that have contributed to our setbacks and other employees that have had a similar effect on the business since they left. Right now though, I have a production manager that has become quite skilled at bringing our production back up to volume as well as high quality. We are entering the build season gaining momentum and I believe we will be producing the best product at our fastest speed the entire season.

Regarding the specific complaints, I have attempted to compensate for the frustrations due to our setbacks by going a little above what is owed. The following have been addressed this week:

• Sent Mark check for $150 to cover his frustration.
• Sent a new brake at no charge to Jeff.
• John was sent a new brake.
• Ian was upgraded to Gravitas SL at no charge.. that went out on Tuesday. He should be happy about that.

We are getting caught up and the rate that we are is increasing. I have had the office number forwarded to my cell so I may be reached 24/7 at 706-757-2414.

Thanks,
Ted Ciamillo

gumgardner

by gumgardner

That's the service that we came to expect with ZG! Thank you. I look forward to getting my new brakes.

Thanks again!

carbon2329

by carbon2329

That is great to hear "from the source".

I sent a set of calipers in for a "tune-up" (about a year ago) and they got lost in the shop, apparently. But when I called they were totally honest about it and sent a new set out immediatly.

Whoever owns a small busness knows things don't always work perfectly: employee's take advantage, leave, or get lazy, or just don't stay forever. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:
(compared to, certain, other boutique companies who have been known to just ignore or just not care for existing customers, this is great)

Thank you for giving us the facts and communicating.

artray

by artray

Looks like this thread has come to a happy ending. Maybe I now might purchase myself some gravitas sl's after all .

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

Great to see that you're still around Ted. Sorry to hear about all the problems, thats life I guess. Onward and upward! 8) :D

slyrider

by slyrider

Ted, thanks for the rundown on your hassles in 2011. The explanation does help.

Looking forward to the arrival of some nicely engineered kit. I expect it will get plenty of oohs and ahhs at the cafe on race day .. :thanx: in advance.

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

ZeroG wrote:Hi Guys,
Thanks,
Ted Ciamillo

On a opposite side as self employed here.
I do agree with you regarding hiring competent staff, that´s not easy if we take me as example, I cannot give a very competitive paycheck compared to bigger companies and there´s only a limited amount of people who want to swap job or seeking jobs out there, no matter which country we live in.

In sweden I have big problems to find someone like me, I want to step two gears down most of time, currently I work too much, my free time is like zero hours per day.

So I understand you Ted, your problems is not unknown for me, I have high expectations, employees are there for the paycheck, nothing more, people who wants to make more than the paycheck is very scarce..

Hopefully my english is understandable..

If I got my ZeroG brakes gone, I would be pissed off too.. but that´s business..
Experimental Prototype

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

Mattias Hellöre wrote:people who wants to make more than the paycheck is very scarce..

So I'm told. My friends call me an idiot as I work far more hours than I get paid for but I suppose the trade off is that I'm really enjoying what I do! :D

Gold Knight

by Gold Knight

stephan--with all the hours you work--do you get free carbon parts for your bike(s) 8)
:smartass: DO NOT RIDE AN AX-LIGHTNESS FORK :smartass:

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

One or two :wink:

outhouse

by outhouse

Would ask if Mark, Jeff and Ian received their goods.

I know for sure that John was never sent any brakes - they haven't even been made yet!!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Not yet. I'll post when I get them.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

outhouse wrote:I know for sure that John was never sent any brakes - they haven't even been made yet!!

How do you know that they haven't even been made yet?

dkm

by dkm

Hmmm...Look at Ted making nice and sending free product out. I was promised many things from Ted and when the chips were down all he sent me was the wrong stuff and to make it up to me he offered a set of Gravitas SL at like 10 or 20% discount. I called him 10x's just to get a set of super low profile pad holds and some updated cams for my current gravitas so they'd work with my HED C2 rims. Which they still dont work...i told him on the phone and in emails, and i'll tell all of you guys, I REGRET THE DAY I BOUGHT HIS STUFF.

So...with that said, he can cry about firing people and bad production runs and so on...the bottom line is his customer service is DOG $HiT.

dave

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com