Gaerne Shoes / look great but where can they be found?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

redoaker

by redoaker

Google, ( I ) can't find Gaerne shoes in the U.S.
They DO exist here in the U.S. They show up for re-sale on the Bay from time to time.

Also, Chainreaction carried them right up until (2) days ago. Gaerne showed up in the clearance shelf section and then all stock was erased from the web site. Kind of odd. Chainreaction was never a source for the U.S. though as they were not allowed to ship to the States.

I e-mailed the distributor in Las Vegas and never heard back.
So where do cyclists buy this brand in the U.S.?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

130R

by 130R

Some guy that knows some guy is now the US distributor, supposedly.

I had the same problem until I ran into this random dude at the SE bike expo that had a booth with Catlike helmets and Gaerne shoes sitting on a table. Only problem was he was only there to do wholesale sales and told me I just have to find a bike shop. So I wish you luck but the whole business strategy seems to be a bit of, well, Italian.

hasbeen

by hasbeen

gaerneshoes.com
it's all there.
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

savechief

by savechief

redoaker wrote:Google, ( I ) can't find Gaerne shoes in the U.S.
They DO exist here in the U.S. They show up for re-sale on the Bay from time to time.

Also, Chainreaction carried them right up until (2) days ago. Gaerne showed up in the clearance shelf section and then all stock was erased from the web site. Kind of odd. Chainreaction was never a source for the U.S. though as they were not allowed to ship to the States.

I e-mailed the distributor in Las Vegas and never heard back.
So where do cyclists buy this brand in the U.S.?

Universal Cycles has the Gaerne Myst available in sizes 44 and 46 for $210. There's also some random Gaerne cycling shoes on Amazon.

I see that Chain Reaction Cycles no longer has an Gaerne shoes, but I'm not sure what you mean by "Chainreaction was never a source for the U.S. though as they were not allowed to ship to the States". CRC specifically wasn't allowed to ship Gaerne shoes to the States?
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

1415chris

by 1415chris

It must be crc policy not to sell gaerne to us.
If you change crc's web settings to uk for example, you will see full gaerne offer.

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

BikeBling has Gaerne shoes
http://www.bikebling.com/default.asp
Decent pricing and ship throughout the USA, bought a Prologo Saddle from them before and was a good experience.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend

Zachariah

by Zachariah

Gaerne is the same Italian quality as SIDI....for less. A truly well-made cycling shoe.
Due to the urging of all the ladies...I do NOT shave my legs!

redoaker

by redoaker

[/quote]CRC specifically wasn't allowed to ship Gaerne shoes to the States?[/quote]

Right, when you could still see Gaerne shoes on the site, it said in red letters; "Item not eligible for shipping to the U.S."
Same for all the Mavic gear. When you select the link for "read more" for a Mavic product, it says; "not available outside the EU"

redoaker

by redoaker

1415chris wrote:It must be crc policy not to sell gaerne to us.
If you change crc's web settings to uk for example, you will see full gaerne offer.

More likely, it's Gaerne's policy that shuts down CRC.
CRC will sell anything to anyone in any market if they think there is a buck to be made.

Zachariah

by Zachariah

Due to the urging of all the ladies...I do NOT shave my legs!

redoaker

by redoaker

1415chris wrote:It must be crc policy not to sell gaerne to us.

I had to go into my account and enter a UK address.
After that, there it was, the full Gaerne line up.
This could be a big mistake on their part. I have contacts in the EU that I use to ship gear to and then they ship to me. I use my contacts for cases like this. (restricted selling regions).
CRC is hiding entire segments of their product lines. Maybe they were forced into the practice by the manufacturing companies?

How can I simply "change my web settings" on the CRC sight? As I said, I had to change my address all together.

redoaker

by redoaker

Zachariah wrote:Gaerne is the same Italian quality as SIDI....for less. A truly well-made cycling shoe.

Thanks for the feedback on quality.
Sidi is a 'Spanish' co. though :thumbup:

redoaker

by redoaker

SolidSnake03 wrote:BikeBling has Gaerne shoes
http://www.bikebling.com/default.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Decent pricing and ship throughout the USA, bought a Prologo Saddle from them before and was a good experience.

Best post of all time, as far as I'm concerned.
Bike Bling has these babies marked down. I snagged a pair this week.
They are priced below CRC and below GaerneShoes.com
Thanks for the post!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com