Cannondale SystemSix and internal cabling

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dammit

by Dammit

When new the System Six came with the option of a wired SRM- and if you read through the user manual for the system on the SRM website it recommends and shows you how to drill a Six13 frame for an internal wire install.

Does anyone know if the System Six's were/could be drilled for internal cabling?

In the photograph on the SRM website it shows the cables coming out from behind the headtube badge- was/is there a hole there, or is SRM suggesting that you drill one?

I have a wired SRM, and am getting Di2, and would love to run the cables internally- my concern is with getting inside the frame at the head-tube end, as that is all carbon to my knowledge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

topflightpro

by topflightpro

My System 6 has a different headtube badge from what is in that photo.

That photo looks like the headtube badges on my Six-13. And if I remember correctly, those headtube badges were designed to cover the holes in the headtube that were used to install the bladders for expanding the carbon tube against the aluminum tubes.

If you remove the fork, you should be able to look into the headtube and see if the badge is covering such a hole. If it is, then there should be no issue with drilling through the badge or pulling it out some (as it appears in the photo.) I believe the badge is only there for cosmetics.

Dammit

by Dammit

It's definitely a Six13 in the photographs.

I'll drop the fork out of my System Six tonight and have a look, I suspect it will be one solid structure though, as it's all carbon.

Getter

by Getter

System Six is all carbon up front. It won't have the holes like the Six 13 did.

Dammit

by Dammit

Correct:

Back to plan b) cable ties, lots and lots of cable ties

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dammit

by Dammit

Has anyone drilled a frame for internal cabling such as this one?