Which Parlee Z1 or Z3

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SimonMasefield

by SimonMasefield

Now I have decided to go for a Parlee and not a Serotta, I have to decide on which Parlee. Can anyone give me some advice and opinion's.

dj97223

by dj97223

Go to the source: contact Tom Rodi at Parlee. He is very helpful and responsive.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NealH

by NealH

The ride and performance will be essentially equal, its just that the Z1 can be constructed/built with a wider option set (tubes, geometry, etc). So the Z1 can arguably be built lighter. Like the previous poster said, Tom Rodi is the man to talk to.

by 2011

Unless you REALLY know EXACTLY what you want in a frameset in terms of exact geometry, carbon layup in certain areas, tubing thickness, etc, you may not need all the custom options of a Z1. A Z3 still gives you custom tubing, size, paint, etc. The money you save on getting a Z3 instead of Z1 could be used toward the wheelset or elsewhere on the bike.

bricky21

by bricky21

There both available in custom geo and with the same tubes. The difference is in the seat stay.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I think one of the biggest differences is the Z3 comes in a true sloping/compact geometry. You can get the Z1 with some slope but only a limited amount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bricky21

by bricky21

Pulled this Z1 photo off their site
I think a woven lugs and a Serotta F3 fork would look great on that bike.