My Merlin Extralight (new pic on page 1)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tochnics

by tochnics

i know its a bit much (specialy when you are changing the frame colour in the future) but how about making the hubs of your wheelset white :D

please keep the hoods black, the white will never match the white of your frame, it even worse when you ad white bartape

cheers
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

the frame looks nice!

i would not use any more white parts other than the fork and the frame. every other stuff just silver

limba

by limba

Yup. It usually looks dumb (to me) when guys try to get everything to match.

Timo

by Timo

Thanks for the comments! For the moment I'll stick to the plan color-wise, that is the black bartape and white hoods. It's not like it's a huge investment to change the hoods back to black and/or buy some other tape if it does not work out the way I imagined :wink: Silver will be limited to those parts frome the 10sp Campa gruppo that are polished instead or carbon/black. Still in doubt about 10sp Record or 10sp Chorus (and saving the Record gruppo for the next project).

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

It looks so beautiful

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Ahhh classic, not plastic...

I'm not game to paint any of my Extralight's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... ;-)

bikerboy337

by bikerboy337

Gorgeous... not much else can be said...

Timo

by Timo

Decided to go for a white stem and post with black saddle, tape and hoods combination. I tried a black Thomson Masterpiece but didn't like the looks si now it's off to BCP to be painted in the same matt white color as the frame. Hope it returns from the painter soon but no hurry considering the weather overhere in Amsterdam.

Also got myself a new set of classic looking wheels for the upcoming early season kilometers: Record hubs, 32 DT comp spokes and Mavic Open Pro ceramics, with Vittoria Corse Evo-SC tires. Can't do much wrong on the cobbles with those...

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Fuchspk

by Fuchspk

it looks nice Timo! I had these wheels for an oldschool bike by myself and the are perfekt for your merlin. lovley bike.

michel2

by michel2

a white bike from amsterdam !!
(-:

From wikipedia;
White bicycle plan: Initiated by Luud Schimmelpenninck, the white bicycle plan proposed the closing of central Amsterdam to all motorised traffic, including motorbikes, with the intent to improve public transport frequency by more than 40% and to save two millions guilders per year. Taxis were accepted as semi-public transport, but would have to be electrically powered and have a maximum speed of 25 m.p.h. The Provos planned for the municipality to buy 20,000 white bikes per year, which were to be public property and free for everybody to use. After the plans were rejected by the city authorities, the Provos decided to go ahead anyway. They painted 50 bikes white and left them on streets for public use. The police impounded the bikes, as they violated municipal law forbidding citizens to leave bikes without locking them. After the bikes had been returned to the Provos, they equipped them all with combination locks and painted the combinations on the bicycles.

dcj9

by dcj9

terrific, terrific terrific. no way would i have thought painting a ti frame could look this good.
i love the frame colour, the chunky stays, and those wheels and tyres on this build.
infact, only because of seeing yours its got me thinking i should get some for my peg :thumbup:

Wingnut

by Wingnut

:thumbup:

Timo

by Timo

Murphy's law seems to be enforced on this project but the seat post arrived so now I'm just waiting for the saddle to complete the build. Final pics in a week or so.

Timo

by Timo

Still some problems with Murphy's Law but almost there...

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Looks to me the main issue could be no pedals :smartass:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com