Ciamillo delivery - Gravitas SL pictures added.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

I don't know anything about Roche sports or Sabbath cycles, they don't appear to have any dealers up our way, but looking at all the pictures on the Sabbath Cycles website, there doesn't appear to be any Ciamillo brakes on there?

I'm not sure what's happening with Ciamillo and whether this is just a 'glitch' but I hope things get better soon.

rouleur01
in the industry

by rouleur01

Yup ordered mine in November, have a string of empty promise emails since, still no brakes and no real hope of a refund by the look of it either...

So much for my decision to buy direct off the manufacturer for ethical reasons (sorry, ex retailer and I know how much each middle man gets at each step).

C'mon Ted I know you are on this forum and it looks like I am not the only one without their brakes, I am by no means a wealthy man and these brakes were a real treat for me.

Signed

Disgruntled Kiwi in Sydney

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dustin

by Dustin

3-4mos to take delivery of brakes? Seriously? Ouch.

gumgardner

by gumgardner

Best part is they don't workso you have to send them back to get new parts and then you wait another 4 months to HOPEFULLY get them back.

Govm4

by Govm4

I ordered and received a beautiful pair of Planet X CNC brakes and received them in three days. I have a pair of ZG's on a 2008 Felt. In comparison, the Planet X brakes (read Feather brakes) offer better stopping power, modulation and adjustability.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Govm4 wrote:I ordered and received a beautiful pair of Planet X CNC brakes and received them in three days. I have a pair of ZG's on a 2008 Felt. In comparison, the Planet X brakes (read Feather brakes) offer better stopping power, modulation and adjustability.

Yeah, but the Ciamillo's look better....

Dustin

by Dustin

Especially when wrapped in bubble wrap sitting on a shelf waiting for service.

rambotan

by rambotan

Dustin wrote:Especially when wrapped in bubble wrap sitting on a shelf waiting for service.

:thumbup:

natiedean24

by natiedean24

rouleur01 wrote:Yup ordered mine in November, have a string of empty promise emails since, still no brakes and no real hope of a refund by the look of it either...

When a business (any business) takes your money and doesn't deliver goods, that sounds like something that deserves a call to police local to the business to report fraud. Seems extreme doesn't it, but I don't think that would be unjustified.

artray

by artray

If Ciamillo go bankrupt then you will end up with zilch. I do not think Ted intended this to happen, but It sounds like some communication is needed instead of being left in the dark, these are seriously expensive brakes and it seems with a lot of high end bike companys, customer service is not something they think about. In the uk the service of some of the non euro bike companys is a disgrace. I myself got some planet x brakes, tuned out with kcnc pad holders. I would have gone for some gravitas but after reading this thread decided not to risk it altough they would have looked awesome on my guru . Hope it works out for all concerned and maybe in the future I might give ciamillo a go.

natiedean24

by natiedean24

Setbacks are fine and all, but if he has customers who have paid for new product and he can't deliver, he should refund money immediately and put said customers at the front of the line where when product is available they will have the option to purchase if they desire.

Maybe I am confused and all the conflicts are with rebuilds and not new brakesets.

slyrider

by slyrider

gumgardner wrote:Best part is they don't workso you have to send them back to get new parts and then you wait another 4 months to HOPEFULLY get them back.

I've never found this. I've read various concerns over stopping power and have never had a problem. The opposite. The brakes work, which is a big reason for wanting them back. I personally don't want to experience or read about these commercial hassles that we're sharing (I include Ted in this).

Got through to Ted on the phone at the end of last week. It was good to make personal contact. Said my piece. Now looking forward to seeing the goods turn up on my door step and to receive some tracking info that the brakes have shipped. Nothing yet.

JensW

by JensW

to have difficulty to deliver products because of manufacturing problem is one thing, not to answer customers questions or tell them things that then can´t be hold, is worse, and something that can´t be blamed on manufactures that can´t hold the quality.

Riderfou

by Riderfou

I have been dealing with Ted's French colleague that does distribution in Europe. Quick, efficient and always available.
Got my brakes super quickly and looking very much forward to test them!

I don't doubt any of your posts but I guess it's only fair to balance them with positive feedback that does indeed exist.

Rippin

by Rippin

Set-backs are inevitable and understandable, but not relaying that information to your customers, and leaving them in the dark, is not acceptable. Never.
Even worse, it takes public out-cry (on forums like this) to have any movement on the issue(s). Life is too short, my time is too valuable, and my MONEY is hard-earned. Take those things away from me, unjustly, and you'll never get my business.
____o
_`\<,_
(*)/ (*)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com