Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Some of you kids are awfully tall.

Looking forward to the weights. Thank you for doing the proper thing and stripping it down!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

fastezzie

by fastezzie

Frame size?

Grasschopper

by Grasschopper

Ok 30 min and it is stripped down. Some quick details on the bike: M/L frame size Giant Defy Advanced 2. I picked the 2 version of the bike because of the color way and the fact that since I was selling to components off anyway I figured that the Force stuff would not bring in $700 more than the Ultegra 6700. I have my LBS press out the BB before bringing them home thus no cranks in the first photo.

Frame weight 1012g so a bit above the press release claims. Ride sense, seatpost clamp and FD mount were removed. RD hanger was still in place as were the internal cable guides.

Fork weight 342g I think that is spot on the claims

Ride Sense weight 14g
Last edited by Grasschopper on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grasschopper

by Grasschopper

prendrefeu wrote:Some of you kids are awfully tall.

Looking forward to the weights. Thank you for doing the proper thing and stripping it down!

That's not my saddle height that's how the shop set it up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

bendix

by bendix

Hey Hopper nice looking giant you got there, quit consekvent stripping it down cool, did`nt you have some soul s4,0 wheels a litle while back ??? if, do they still roll good, are they any aero, does the qualeti hold up.
I am in doubt betwen the s4,0 and the Ca5,0 which has a 50 mm faring profile woud you go for the higher profile today, looking at the bucks 520 us. to 820 us.
Ps. i ride in denmark flat as a pancake and lots of wind

Grasschopper

by Grasschopper

bendix wrote:Hey Hopper nice looking giant you got there, quit consekvent stripping it down cool, did`nt you have some soul s4,0 wheels a litle while back ??? if, do they still roll good, are they any aero, does the qualeti hold up.
I am in doubt betwen the s4,0 and the Ca5,0 which has a 50 mm faring profile woud you go for the higher profile today, looking at the bucks 520 us. to 820 us.
Ps. i ride in denmark flat as a pancake and lots of wind

Hi Bendix - Man I need to get back to Denmark...been far too long, and I need to do it in the summer. About the Soul S.40s: I actually gave those to my father a couple of years ago because he races and was having issues with his stock Bontrager wheels that came on his Madone. He has trained and raced on the Soul S4.0 for two years and they still roll true and smooth. He brought them to me once to true them but they were already true...I was confused and gave them back saying they didn't need any work.

If I was looking at Soul right now I would probably lean toward the CA5.0...but if you aren't in a rush you might want to wait just a little bit (contact Sean the owner for details) as I believe Sean is updating the design for 2012.

Wow I can't believe I didn't post the completed build here. Here are a couple of photos of the complete bike:

One of these days I'm gong to get some lighter pedals and when the Red WiFli RD comes out it will go on here. I'm a clyde that likes to climb and the 34-32 combo is fantastic in my opinion, allows me to keep my cadence up much better than the 34-29 I was running with Campy. I have a set of Formula/KinLin XR-300 wheels that I use regularly, the Reynolds will be fast day, blingy bike photo op wheels. :D

aaric

by aaric

very sweet...but that thing is screaming for a black chainrings ;)

bendix

by bendix

well the Giro start here this may :D i am not busy need new wheels in may, for my ½ ironmann in juli. right now i am for the s 4,0 they will cut off 300 gr. the Miche box wheels i have now, but for for the difference between s4,0 or 5,0 i can get a 1600 gr, wheel set for my Cube MTB and loose 500 gr. there, and i plan on duing Salzkammergut Trophy in 2013.

Your assault?? Wheels look very fast, just love Giant bikes

Grasschopper

by Grasschopper

bendix wrote:Your assault?? Wheels look very fast, just love Giant bikes

DV3K

whichway

by whichway

So whats the weight of the finished bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

I think that this is a truly beautiful bike. Really like the final images; everything just works together and looks like a great bike to ride, short to long. Happy days, enjoy. :thumbup: