2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

Or I could just send BURK my extra pair of carbon bars and have him make them aero tops.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Or I could just send BURK my extra pair of carbon bars and have him make them aero tops.

Funny you say that. I was contemplating contacting him about getting removing most of the material from my K-Wings, and layering a stiffer layer of carbon on them, and put them on the Trek. I love their shape, but hate the flex. I think I am just going to sell them however, and put my Syntace bars back on my Trek. They are stiff, and somewhat light at 191g. It's a crit/bad weather/training bike, so aero doesn't matter as much.

I am still contemplating having him make me a 1-piece Cervelo post, and saddle combo. I think there is much room for improvement there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

I will be working (drilling) the SLC for behind the stem cable routing in the next week and moving my EDGE wheelset back on that bike full time. I cracked and bought the FLO 60 wheelset today for the tri bike so the SLC will be getting back to full on aero and light.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I will be working (drilling) the SLC for behind the stem cable routing in the next week and moving my EDGE wheelset back on that bike full time. I cracked and bought the FLO 60 wheelset today for the tri bike so the SLC will be getting back to full on aero and light.

I'm sure you saw on TriRig.com how they did that to the P3.

BmanX

by BmanX

Yes I did. Fork is off, I have bought the parts and I am about to drill. Nick had to use a 7.3mm hole but I will be going with a 5.3mm hole as I am running mini I-links so I am more comfortable drilling a smaller hole anyways. Also I will use a more solid piece to run the cables past the head tube junction.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Yes I did. Fork is off, I have bought the parts and I am about to drill. Nick had to use a 7.3mm hole but I will be going with a 5.3mm hole as I am running mini I-links so I am more comfortable drilling a smaller hole anyways. Also I will use a more solid piece to run the cables past the head tube junction.

Good idea. You can buy brass, and aluminum tubes in various diameters at most hobby stores btw.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

ProfessorChaos wrote:but if in any event they are without a doubt more aero than any other 31.6mm bar.

Even the Oval 910?!:

BmanX

by BmanX

I thought the Ovals were 26.0"??
BIG DADDY B FLOW

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Nope

BmanX

by BmanX

That is funny because I can not find any that are larger than 26.0 but at the end of the day a 31.8 aero bar is a bit of a joke when you can get a 26.0 which is more aero.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Rich-Ti wrote:
ProfessorChaos wrote:but if in any event they are without a doubt more aero than any other 31.6mm bar.

Even the Oval 910?!:

Never seen that bar before. That might be more aero. Hard to tell w/o putting them in the wind tunnel. Looks to have a bit less frontal area, but the shape can also effect aerodynamics quite a bit.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

To be fair it's of zero interest to me - I just thought the Oval would be more aero than the FSA.

Surely your hands ruin the aerodynamics of a handlebar anyway? (please don't actually answer that - it's rhetorical, I'm really not interested in knowing the answer!)

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Rich-Ti wrote:To be fair it's of zero interest to me - I just thought the Oval would be more aero than the FSA.

Surely your hands ruin the aerodynamics of a handlebar anyway? (please don't actually answer that - it's rhetorical, I'm really not interested in knowing the answer!)

The FSA, are not very aero. More aero than some, but the Zipp bars I have now, I would say are more aero. The top section is pretty much an airfoil shape.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Oh so close to 6000g. I can be there very easily now. I could change the stem to an Extralite and drop 40g. I want to retain the stiffness however. At least I know where I stand now. Thinking real hard about a custom post saddle combo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BmanX

by BmanX

That is just bolt tuning now. Great work.
BIG DADDY B FLOW