fsa k-force cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jim

by jim

here is a photo of the new fsa k-force cranks, due for sale very soon. weight on the pair is approx. 465 grams with rings, bolts, etc. note the new spider and the changes in the crank arm. looks like the crank is of a completely different construction from the super light and team issue models.

these won't be cheap, but they are approaching the storck cranks in terms of total weight with rings. nice job fsa!
Attachments
K-Force Crank.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nzkiwiguy

by nzkiwiguy

nice crank. I don't really like FSA rings, although I have never used them on a raod bike. My MTB one's died pretty fast.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Be nice if they made them in lengths longer than 175mm, but I'd bet they won't, so I'll keep using my FRM's.
Ride lightly!

mises

by mises

A pic I saw elsewhere seemed to show that the tabs for the chainrings/bolts were carbon as well, instead of aluminum on the superlights.

Now if they would just make a compact version. I have unfortunately gotten used to having the lower gears to be able to go where no man has gone before but losing 90 grams would be very tempting.

shokhead

by shokhead

They all look alike when your riding and i dont sit long enough for anybody to look at by bike but in the garage,that crank would look sweet.

KB

by KB

Now if they would just make a compact version. I have unfortunately gotten used to having the lower gears to be able to go where no man has gone before but losing 90 grams would be very tempting.[/quote]

I would second that, a 50/34 rig would definitely see me buy it.

Paul_nl

by Paul_nl

mises wrote:A pic I saw elsewhere seemed to show that the tabs for the chainrings/bolts were carbon as well, instead of aluminum on the superlights.

Now if they would just make a compact version. I have unfortunately gotten used to having the lower gears to be able to go where no man has gone before but losing 90 grams would be very tempting.

KB wrote:
I would second that, a 50/34 rig would definitely see me buy it.

Me too!! FSA please make a K lite compact crank!! 370-400gram should be kicking ass!!

Millen

by Millen

This new FSA K-Force carnkset has a new construction which do away any aluminum spine and hence it's much lighter. Should be in store around Mar and officially lauch at coming Taipei Cycle Show. Good news for compact lovers, K-Force will be available in 110mm compact but date of release not confirmed.

Two new models still under testing are
1. K-Force MegaExo which has claimed weight of 660g including matching MegaExo outboard style BB. It's FSA's answer to Shimano 7800 crankset.

2. SL-K unidirectional carbon crankset. This cranks look similar to a Campy Record unidirectional carbon crank at a distance.
Not a real Weight Weenie but I like my bike lighter!

spaniardclimber

by spaniardclimber

Will the compact crankset be available in square taper?

Superlite

by Superlite

FSA no longer makes square taper compatible cranksets. Stopped that last year.

cadence90

by cadence90

Millen wrote:This new FSA K-Force carnkset has a new construction which do away any aluminum spine and hence it's much lighter. Should be in store around Mar and officially lauch at coming Taipei Cycle Show. Good news for compact lovers, K-Force will be available in 110mm compact but date of release not confirmed.

Two new models still under testing are
1. K-Force MegaExo which has claimed weight of 660g including matching MegaExo outboard style BB. It's FSA's answer to Shimano 7800 crankset.

2. SL-K unidirectional carbon crankset. This cranks look similar to a Campy Record unidirectional carbon crank at a distance.

Keep us all posted on the K-Force compact release date...still ISIS right? This could be the one!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

Superlite

by Superlite

Keep us all posted on the K-Force compact release date...still ISIS right? This could be the one!

Hey, you forgeting my sub 450g crank/BB combo? It is the one. 8)

cadence90

by cadence90

Hell no, we're not forgetting it!
But where is it: the guys in Superlite R&D haven't posted any new info recently, better crack the whip! :)
Looking forward to seeing it, how's the design/machining going?
What's the issue date? Post up :!:
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

ras11

by ras11

Yeah SL, your worse then a hotty in latex... temping us, teasing us... your a bitch! Tell you what SL, if you build a second prototype, I'd be happy to test it for you. :D
:-) Toys-R-Us

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Superlite

by Superlite

Keep your pants on! :lol: I don't even have the first machined yet! But when I do theres going to be around a dozen of them, and half of those are going to my buds for "real world" testing.