Dilemma - Time RXRS Ulteam or Cannondale Evo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Gregorio

by Gregorio

I love my Time RXR, stiff, smooth and very predictable handling. Looks and finish is great. No experience with the EVO.
IMO...I would ditch the lightening cranks and get SR.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

copperband, you don't mention what size you're looking at but something to bear in mind is that the painted Evos in the larger sizes get pretty heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andyindo

by andyindo

If it was the VXRS I'd say go for that. Its a classic and one of the best carbon bikes around. I'm not so convinced of the RXRS and it seems to get mixed reviews. The EVO on the other hand, while not finished as nicely has glowing reviews.The EVO is significantly lighter, designed by one of the best carbon experts in the industry, has more classic looks compared to the TIME and by all accounts rides very nicely. The TIME, while the quality is higher, has a unique look which will probably date faster than the EVO, also the ride quality according to the reviews is a bit mixed....

jsinclair

by jsinclair

-Buy Evo Ultimate
-Either part it out or sell the stuff you already have
-Ride it
-Open beer
-Smile

Copperband

by Copperband

5 8 5 wrote:copperband, you don't mention what size you're looking at but something to bear in mind is that the painted Evos in the larger sizes get pretty heavy.

oops.

I ride a 58cm for the Evo and a Large for the RXRS.

Copperband

by Copperband

Gregorio wrote:I love my Time RXR, stiff, smooth and very predictable handling. Looks and finish is great. No experience with the EVO.
IMO...I would ditch the lightening cranks and get SR.

Hmm... its a thought that I am deeply considering. :|
But to ditch it at this time... pretty heartbreaking if I have to say so myself.
Last edited by Copperband on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Copperband

by Copperband

Permon wrote:
HT = head tube (the lower the better, stiff)
ST = seat tube (the higher the better, comfort)

Great! Thanks for the clarification. I was thinking of that earlier but wasn't too sure. :thumbup:

Copperband

by Copperband

Copperband wrote:
5 8 5 wrote:copperband, you don't mention what size you're looking at but something to bear in mind is that the painted Evos in the larger sizes get pretty heavy.

oops.

I would ride a 58cm for the Evo and a Large for the RXRS.

il professore

by il professore

Nothing wrong with SR11!! I have no experience with the lightning crank. I am currently experiencing a small piece of hell with my new Hollowgram SRM crankset with SR11. My chainline is all messed up and it shifts not so nice. Ready to toss the thing and go back to my powertap.
Good luck with your choice, it is a nice position to be it!!!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

My vote is for the EVO.

Kastrup

by Kastrup

"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

Copperband

by Copperband

I think its better to give myself a cool off period to decide which will suit my needs better.... Both models have their pros and cons and its still hard to me to decide on either.
:|

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

Maybe you should enter geometry/sizing into the equation to help you make a decision.
If your are a hard core WW hands down the EVO
The Time would be an excellent all around bike and of course you wont see that many on the road......

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

Copperband wrote:

oops.

I ride a 58cm for the Evo and a Large for the RXRS.

No problem then. The "heavy" Evos were in the 60s.

I've always liked Times and nearly bought one but I think I'd be edging towards an Evo.

Don't compromise on fit and comfort though. Walk away if it's not right. There's plenty of choice in Weight Weenie Land!

Broid

by Broid

EVO

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com