CAAD9 bbq black bb30 - 7123g - update feb 16

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TimmS

by TimmS

I bought a pair of KCNC C7 brakes last year. Removed them after two rides and bought EE brakes.

Those EE brakes are realy worth te money, although te most expensive parts on my caad9...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

hey thanks for the update

I wont buy KCNC brakes, I wont upgrade the bike unless it is a new wheelset now, it is fully race worthy as it is.

UPDATE: I changed the si crankset for a wired sisl black hollowgram crankset, Ready to get hammered in 3 months unfortunately.

devinci

by devinci

I've updated the pics on the first page. Sisl SRM

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

Hey D,

Want to see how much I could save with an expander
upgrade on my CAAD9 with an Extralight Ultrastar 2 unit.

What can you tell me?

Keep in mind that I'm using a cut Edge 1.0 fork now
(see my sig/Project CAAD9 for details).

Thanks for any info.

:thumbup:

devinci

by devinci

What expander are you using right now?

Iirc going from a regular fsa expander and the si top cap to extralite ultrastar and tune carbon top cap and bolt saved me 35-40g

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

devinci wrote:What expander are you using right now?

Iirc going from a regular fsa expander and the si top cap to extralite ultrastar and tune carbon top cap and bolt saved me 35-40g

Whatever was OEM with my Cannondale Ultra fork.

Right now, I have an Edge 1.0 fork (cut) + a carbon top cap w/bolt (16g).
It looks like a Tune top cap & bolt would get me an easy 10g.
Last edited by 2ndgen on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

More SRM pictures! :mrgreen:

artray

by artray

Planet x brakes, mine came in under 200 grms.They are very inexpensive as well. I swapped out the pad holders for kcnc holders and dropped some more weight. Most important is the fact they stop me really well. I have had cb1's and other lighter brakes and the planet x perform much better. Have you thought about some easton slx forks, I had some on my old trek 5.9 , like you i have no spacers so i cut them right down and they weighed around 270 [old kitchen scales], I found they performed well and you can get them at a good price,and they would look really good on your bike.You can also pick up some lighter bottle cages on ebay. I had some and they worked fine ... nice bike

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

artray wrote:Planet x brakes, mine came in under 200 grms.They are very inexpensive as well. I swapped out the pad holders for kcnc holders and dropped some more weight. Most important is the fact they stop me really well. I have had cb1's and other lighter brakes and the planet x perform much better. Have you thought about some easton slx forks, I had some on my old trek 5.9 , like you i have no spacers so i cut them right down and they weighed around 270 [old kitchen scales], I found they performed well and you can get them at a good price,and they would look really good on your bike.You can also pick up some lighter bottle cages on ebay. I had some and they worked fine ... nice bike

How much did you save with the KCNC holders over the stock holders?

devinci

by devinci

Atm I wont upgrade this bike. Its light, strong and stiff. Its a dedicated race bike for the season.

The budget is already spent on my mtb project wich is coming along nicely