2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

BmanX

by BmanX

I know someone that just got the FK26 and it does not look great on the SLC. It sticks out a bit in the front so I know the person will be sanding it down to make it look better and mount the fork better. So at this time do not go with the FK26. the Scapula F with the cable hanging out in the wind negates the aero benefits of the missing brakes I would bet. There is a reason this fork is barely used on any aero bikes.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I know someone that just got the FK26 and it does not look great on the SLC. It sticks out a bit in the front so I know the person will be sanding it down to make it look better and mount the fork better. So at this time do not go with the FK26. the Scapula F with the cable hanging out in the wind negates the aero benefits of the missing brakes I would bet. There is a reason this fork is barely used on any aero bikes.

Good info. I just called the local Cervelo dealer, and I had to school him on their forks. He wants me to send him my serial number before he can get me a price on a fork. WTF? Oh well, now I don't have to bother. You might be right about the brake cable. I guess I'll just wait on these Omega brakes. Any idea an ETA or an estimated weight on them?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jdp211

by jdp211

I would think that that document was for a cervelo dealer to drill the frame out. I can't imagine that they'd be too happy with an unauthorized person putting holes in one of their frames. That being said, I think the excuse to build another frame for crits is a great idea. n+1

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BMANX what do you think about this?

BmanX

by BmanX

I like the idea but I can do it lighter with the modifications that I have done. It is a cleaner look however.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

quango2k

by quango2k

I've ordered some of the Zipp Vuka sprint bars too.. do you have a pic of the cable routing underneath? Want to know if the Di2 plugs are going to pass through there.

Thanks

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

quango2k wrote:I've ordered some of the Zipp Vuka sprint bars too.. do you have a pic of the cable routing underneath? Want to know if the Di2 plugs are going to pass through there.

Thanks

I replied to your message. I don't have any pics, and there is basically just enough room for the cables to pass through. I doubt the Di2 plugs will fit.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Been working on an old Force RD trying to cut some mass, and make the 5999g mark. I have a Red RD on the bike now. I may rip it apart next, and start on it depending on if this Force one doesn't self destruct. I am still waiting on my 7.7g carbon pulleys, this should be about 110g complete. I may figure out a way to cut some more, we shall see. I am liking how it is coming a long so far.

BmanX

by BmanX

Sweet work. I am just about to do some work on the SLC which involves some drilling. Should lighten up the bike a bit. I think you are going to have one of the lightest S2's going. Thank goodness I have one of the lightest SLC's going. Just remember that AERO and LIGHT is RIGHT!

:beerchug:
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Well, I got that old Force RD down to 110g with my new pulleys. However the Ti spring I got from Jersey Cycles broke first time I extended the derailleur, I emailed them hoping to see if they can send me a replacement. So I had to put the original steel one on. Also the backplate I stole off my Red RD was broken before from when I hit a dog, and I fixed it with epoxy and carbon. Well it broke again. So I just ordered a Fibre-Lyte backplate. So the tuned RD is on hold for now until parts arrive. I was just reconsidering the Scapula F again. Then I went to the Tri Rig site. Looks like a new refined version is in the works, and lighter and more aero. I so want this now. It looks much better than the initial prototype. Less frontal area, and lighter. Oh, I cannot wait for these to go on sale. It will be a perfect match for my S2. I really want to get into the 12lbs range. I am considering purchasing a Smud 69g saddle now too. I am also kicking around the idea of trying the Alligator I-Link cables as well. Not sure if it will even be worth it though. There isn't much outer housing on my bike anyway.

JackDaniels

by JackDaniels

So if you do this on those untaped Vukas with sweaty arms, are you going to go down in a bloody mess?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

JackDaniels wrote:So if you do this on those untaped Vukas with sweaty arms, are you going to go down in a bloody mess?

I've not yet ridden it with sweaty exposed arms. It's winter here, and I haven't been riding that bike anyway. I don't think it will be an issue however. The good thing is there is more surface area for your arm to sit with the nice flat top. I use that position quite often especially fighting headwinds. I never had a problem with my old bars that were not taped in the middle and they had a similar shape.

BmanX

by BmanX

I would like to change my bars as well and would be interested in knowing more about these bars. I would like to get some more aero bars as I am still riding 26.0 which actually might be more aero due to the 5.8mm reduced frontal area.

I am currently in the process of converting the frame from downtube cable entry to behind the stem cable entry and have installed an EE brake on the back and the Tektro T726R brake on the front until such time as the TriRig Omega is available.

I will also need to get another full aero chainring from Fibre-Lyte to complete the overhaul to aero and light.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:I would like to change my bars as well and would be interested in knowing more about these bars. I would like to get some more aero bars as I am still riding 26.0 which actually might be more aero due to the 5.8mm reduced frontal area.

I am currently in the process of converting the frame from downtube cable entry to behind the stem cable entry and have installed an EE brake on the back and the Tektro T726R brake on the front until such time as the TriRig Omega is available.

I will also need to get another full aero chainring from Fibre-Lyte to complete the overhaul to aero and light.

It's probably more aero with these. They are only 31.8mm for a very small portion. The aero design undoubtedly is more aero than a round 26.0mm bar. Well, I am basing that purely off of speculation, but if in any event they are without a doubt more aero than any other 31.6mm bar. Plus they look totally bad ass.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

JackDaniels wrote:So if you do this on those untaped Vukas with sweaty arms, are you going to go down in a bloody mess?

I've been pondering to try surfer's wax on my similar handlebars for a fun TT which has a regular bike ranking as well.