Ciamillo delivery - Gravitas SL pictures added.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

outhouse

by outhouse

Anybody else having problems with getting deliveries from Ted?

Great guy, even better product but I ordered in October and I'm still waiting!

Ted answers most of my emails and is having problems with internal QC, but we're heading towards spring and I want my project build on the road.

Really don't want to cancel this order the brakes suit my project like no others.

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

I apologize for the delays.. we are getting caught up now from a set back in replacing a lot of small parts that didn't pass my inspection. Please email me again and let's get yours out today.

Thanks,
Ted

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gumgardner

by gumgardner

My brakes have been there for over 2 months. We finally cancelled the repair bc it was taking too long and asked that they send back my Ciamillo brakes. I still haven't received them. It's really unbelievable.

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

I hate to say it but I had to fire three people a few months ago (not all at once) but like a cancer in the body, sometimes poor quality in craftsmanship begins to spread. I performed an audit a few months ago on several of the parts made in house that we use on all our models. I found a large majority out of spec and have been scrambling to get these parts replaced. I am very sorry that these production issues have caused delays but I am almost through the recovery of this setback. Please have patience with me as I try to fill everyone's order as fast as possible.

Thanks,
Ted

JensW

by JensW

hope that it´s al solved soon, have waited to answer on my order in almost two month now. lucky it now seams as it was just a misunderstanding
Last edited by JensW on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I feel bad now that I am complaining about it being two weeks and no word on my low profile pad holders.......hope this doesn't turn into a month(s) long wait......

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

btompkins0112 wrote:I feel bad now that I am complaining about it being two weeks and no word on my low profile pad holders.......hope this doesn't turn into a month(s) long wait......

Just got an email reply from Ted saying holders are shipped and to hold for tracking......fingers crossed!!

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I guess I'll jut wait. :beerchug:

tyro13

by tyro13

I am also waiting and waiting and waiting for the new multicams for my gravitas! I send emails for THE multicams! Make An order On his website with also à set of new spare parts, answer 3 times a pm With this ww forum but not à single answer. It is verf quit @ ciamillo, just the sound of the wind :oops: Very disapointing wen you Buy à set of brakes for 850euros!... :?: :cry:

slyrider

by slyrider

outhouse wrote:Anybody else having problems with getting deliveries from Ted?

Great guy, even better product but I ordered in October and I'm still waiting!

Ted answers most of my emails and is having problems with internal QC, but we're heading towards spring and I want my project build on the road.

Really don't want to cancel this order the brakes suit my project like no others.

October 2011?

Try dealing with the frustration of May/June 2011. That's when I sent my brakes back for the Tune Up programme. Once my brakes were actually found after following up with "where are they?" emails, payment was sorted out in September 2011. I have emails from Katie & Ryan (possibly 2 of the 3 people that Ted had to flick) as well as Ted himself. So, my particular case has been through multiple sets of hands.

I'm based in Oz and whenever I call, no one's at home but the answering machine. Maybe I can motivate some response publicly. Direct emails don't appear to do much, of which I have several, other than to be replied with feeble assurances and I'm still left empty handed because my brakes (yes, I used to own a pair and ride with them at one point in time) are languishing in the Ciamillo workshop ... somewhere.

Assurances that "they're on their way" are pretty darn lame. Something a bit more credible like a tracking reference, so that I can see there's movement is the only thing that will give me any sense of confidence.

Overall, the experience with the Tune Up programme has been a major source of disappointment and frustration and I find it hard to understand how this isn't affecting Ciamillo's bottom line. The engineering of a product is not the sole criteria for success, customer service plays a big part in that equation as well. My previous experience with Ciamillo was far more positive http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30149. How times have changed.

:doh:

outhouse

by outhouse

And you think no brakes at the bottom of a hill because a manufacturing fault meant the rubbers flew out were the glory days of Ciamillo brakes?

from this I expect things could only get better if the brakes disolved in the rain!

Still no news of a delivery, I know from experience its the pits when staff don't live up to expectations, but one thing I don't do is leave my customers in the dark or send them meaningless communications. The QC story has been in circulation for ever, another thread thought Ted had another job, and I did see something that said Ciamillos were going to be OEM on GT or Giant bikes - highs and lows...

Ted needs to understand that cyclists need brakes but they don't need to spend this much on them or ignor the products from mainstream suppliers (I was gonna use the brilliant and lite SRAM Reds on my project) he has a loyal, supportive, and judging by this and other threads long suffering customer base. You gotta wonder if he's treating them this badly has Ciamillo Propulsions Inc reached terminal velocity?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I'm pretty sure I will never get mine back from ZG. It's total bs.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I have been waiting for a refund from these guys since the end of Ocotber, 2011. After many ignored emails and phone messages I finally got a response after theatening to file a complaint. Its now the end of February and I still have not received my money. Beware.
Last edited by mnmasotto on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spytech

by spytech

i really hope this gets resolved, and doesn't end up like a brent/brie rue type of situation. ted has been around for a long time and i doubt he wants to end things like this.

at the very least lets have him chime in on the forum. has anyone else received an email from him lately? sometimes taking on too much; more than you can handle can result in situations like this. it happens, but if you make up for it and continue to innovate people (some) will understand as long as it doesn't happen again. not making excuses, just stating opinion and giving some hope that ted will come through...

outhouse

by outhouse

It's odd because in July 2011 Roche Sports, the company behind Sabbath cycles became the exclusive UK distributor for Ciamillo Brakes and a press release stated that they will be included as standard on 2012 Cannondale (not GT or Giant - see earlier, apologies) and Sabbath cycles. Not the sign of a company in trouble...

What really bites is that the web site is still open for business - more cyclists giving Ted their hard earned money - for what?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com