Di2 Battery - Icarus Lights - In business?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mdrnizd

by Mdrnizd

I was wanting to order a Di2 battery for the seat post. Does anyone know if Icarus lights is still in business? If not, who else makes a Di2 battery like this besides Calfee?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Yes they are. I have one of their batteries in my new build.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mdrnizd

by Mdrnizd

Do you know of a way to contact them?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

There is a contact form on their webpage which also has their e-mail address. sales@icaruslights.com

Mdrnizd

by Mdrnizd

xnavalav8r wrote:There is a contact form on their webpage which also has their e-mail address. sales@icaruslights.com

Tried that and it says they are on holiday break. They haven't turned it off from being gone at Christmas time. I have also posted on their Facebook wall without any success.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I'll see if I have a phone number somewhere. I'll need to dig through my bike build paperwork.

Mdrnizd

by Mdrnizd

xnavalav8r wrote:I'll see if I have a phone number somewhere. I'll need to dig through my bike build paperwork.

Thank you!

I looked at Calfee, but I don't have desire to send them my seat post and existing harness. It's not a hard installation and I would rather have something that I can do in an evening and be back on my bike. Unfortunately, I may not have an option but to use Calfee.

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Hey, I'm in the same boat, wondering what's going on and needing the seatpost battery.

All mails get returned.

Mdrnizd

by Mdrnizd

I know, people say he's still in business but he can't be after all the attempts I've made to get in contact with him and no luck. It's a shame because he has a cool product it looks like.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

No one I know has been able to reach Icarus, including builders who planned to use his batteries for builds at NAHBS. From what I understand, at least one I know has gotten his batteries from Calfee due to lack of contact with Icarus. It seems odd that the company would go off the grid so suddenly, especially after all the positive press they have received. I hope it's just a speed bump in the business and not some tragedy.

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

Let's hope so, I didn't really consider that possibility....

Anyone know a UK supplier of a product like this? I'm after a battery for Ultegra di2.

Have emailed Calfee Germany with no luck either... :|

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

xnavalav8r wrote:No one I know has been able to reach Icarus, including builders who planned to use his batteries for builds at NAHBS. From what I understand, at least one I know has gotten his batteries from Calfee due to lack of contact with Icarus. It seems odd that the company would go off the grid so suddenly, especially after all the positive press they have received. I hope it's just a speed bump in the business and not some tragedy.

no tragedy - we are in the same road club and he had to leave his position as VP/equipment manager because his job doing video production was moving from portland, or to somewhere is spain. this announcement was made at a club meeting in middle/late janurary of this year. so, no tragedy, just life, i guess.

lovmac

by lovmac

I am a long time lurker but first time poster.

As many of you, I have been looking for a custom Di2 solution and eagerly waiting for Icarus to reappear on the scene.

Frustrated by the silence, I reached out to a rocket scientist friend of mine asking for help, and after some testing we feel pretty confident we could come up with a solution that is at least as good.

We may do a 1-time run to meet the latent demand for an easy DIY solution that does not require frame mods, or this may turn into a real product, or we may only produce a handful of units for our personal use.

If you would be interested in an Icarus-type solution assuming similar specs and price point, would you mind posting to this forum so we can assess demand? We will later get back to you with a survey to help drive decision making in what is sure to be a long list of tradeoffs, as with any engineering/design project.

Thanks!

mods please move if there is a more appropriate location for this post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mdrnizd

by Mdrnizd

I would probably be interested.