Fizik Kurve Bull

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexp247365

by alexp247365

Kurve Chameleon convert here. Came from a Spec Toupe Carbon 155. If you are used to a wider saddle, then coming to the chameleon will put the pressure points to the inside of your sit-bones... not below. The difference in pressure wasn't noticeable until after an hour, where it then became painful for a ride or two. I do not feel that pain any more and attribute that initial pain to setup, and to being supported in a different, unfamiliar way.

I'm glad I gave this saddle a try. The orange demo saddles turned me completely off from the fizik line of saddles for the last 2 years. They were painful to sit on no matter how I adjusted them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slyboots

by slyboots

ty-ro wrote:Is the Snake Kurve as flat as the Arione? The Arione has been the best saddle for me so far and I've tried A LOT of saddles. It still gives me numbness on rides >2 hrs no matter the bike fit, core, or chamois. Does the Kurve provide any added comfort over the Arione?

The Snake even has a slight arc front-to-back when not loaded. If talking side-to-side shape, then I think it's pretty similar in the back, but it's nose is rather round and doesn't have a flat strip along the middle as does Arione.

mrfish

by mrfish

If the Antares works for you, why are you spending time and $$$ on something else?

ty-ro

by ty-ro

slyboots wrote:
ty-ro wrote:Is the Snake Kurve as flat as the Arione? The Arione has been the best saddle for me so far and I've tried A LOT of saddles. It still gives me numbness on rides >2 hrs no matter the bike fit, core, or chamois. Does the Kurve provide any added comfort over the Arione?

The Snake even has a slight arc front-to-back when not loaded. If talking side-to-side shape, then I think it's pretty similar in the back, but it's nose is rather round and doesn't have a flat strip along the middle as does Arione.

Ok, thanks slyboots. I may try one but it sounds like it may not work for me. I really like the flatness of the arione.

theredmiata

by theredmiata

After about a month's use on the Kurve, I noticed a slight crease, checking the bottom of the saddle shows a major crack on the shell. Oh well, time to look for new saddle.

Ian in San Diego

Doolop

by Doolop

theredmiata wrote:After about a month's use on the Kurve, I noticed a slight crease, checking the bottom of the saddle shows a major crack on the shell. Oh well, time to look for new saddle

Was it not comfortable? Why not warranty it?

theredmiata

by theredmiata

A different type of comfort versus the standard Aliante, not sure I can explain it properly. I'm still not sure if the fit is something I agree with yet. The saddle is currently at the lbs and awaiting warranty.

stringbean

by stringbean

theredmiata wrote:After about a month's use on the Kurve, I noticed a slight crease, checking the bottom of the saddle shows a major crack on the shell. Oh well, time to look for new saddle.

Ian in San Diego

Also long time aliante user that bought myself a bull.Love the saddle but after about a month it started to feel soft.Closer inspection also revealed it had a crack just like yours,no crashes and only a month old.Shop i bought it from replaced it right away so riding the second one now.If you look underneath how thin the carbon is you will see why it cracked.Onlytime will tell if it happens again but i'm not confident it wont.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Well that's put me right off them... :(

billysan

by billysan

I wish I had seen this thread before buying myself a Kurve. I got a Snake however, and am of slight build therefore I'll keep my fingers crossed. I have been impressed with it so far by all accounts.

Would the two gents who have experienced the failures mind sharing how much they weigh?

Thanks

theredmiata

by theredmiata

I'm 170lbs.

billysan

by billysan

Ah, only 5 more than me. I'll be keeping a close eye on my saddle then. Thanks!

stringbean

by stringbean

So thats my second kurve that has cracked in the same place,this one lasted me 2 months.Shop was very happy to replace again but am going for a aliante again.I'm 68kg.Pity because it is a cumfortable nice looking saddle.I think any design where the saddle flexes and not the rails is destined to fail.

elvisior

by elvisior

I've had a Fizik Kurve Aliante Bull saddle for a couple of weeks now and its developing a pretty severe crack as well. Pity, as I really liked the seat. I've filled in the quality claim on fizik's website. It's an amazingly expensive seat to have so many failures (i'm 75 kg's/165 pounds).

Can I keep riding it? What's the worst that could happen?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

knef

by knef

Testicular damage?