Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

in the middle of fitting the sram force shifters and zero gravity brakes. have only done the rear and they are a little fussy to fit. i think ive go the rear nailed though!

ive got a brand new force NOS rear mech coming which should be be slightly lighter than the dura ace 7800 one.

im going to be looking for the matching Ritchey WCS carbon bars to complete the set.

once the bike is complete ill get it weighed. i wont be riding it until its warm and sunny as i have a winter bike...
Last edited by runningrunningjump on Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

stuartrav

by stuartrav

4 x standard Cannondale Supersix 105 bottle cage bolts
Attachments
Chelmsford-20120211-00026.jpg

stuartrav

by stuartrav

4 x A2Z bottle cage bolts. So 7g lighter than standard ones
Attachments
Chelmsford-20120211-00025.jpg

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Standard Cannondale Supersix 105 2011 saddle. Does your saddle have the same writing on the rails? Possibly the T stands for Titanium?
Attachments
Chelmsford-20120211-00028.jpg

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Token seat clamp
Attachments
Chelmsford-20120211-00029.jpg

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Dura Ace rear wheel and 2 x Bontrager Rave X Lite cages
Attachments
Chelmsford-20120211-00031.jpg

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Front Dura Ace wheel
Attachments
Chelmsford-20120211-00032.jpg

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Garmin GPS watch mount. I will have to weigh this at some point to see how much it is adding, (not that I could be without it as I use it as my bike computer).
Attachments
Chelmsford-20120211-00033.jpg

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Hope you like the pictures. I will try to add some pictures of the Look Keo Carbon Blade cromo axle pedals when I have received them.

How is everything going fitting all your new bits, hopefully very well. It looks as though you are going to end up with a super light weight bike.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Good work. Your bike looks sweet in the Matt back! (this thread is running the risk of turning into a two super six 105 'love-in')

I am totally mystified by the bottle cage bolt weights, you can see from my pictures that a standard one weighs 6g (24g x4). Very odd...

I liked that seat clamp but was very worried about the double band biting into the carbon. As it turns out the kcnc one I have is like that on the inside! So I popped a little band of helicopter tape on there. Is now sqweeks well when you torque it up.... Keep us posted on this clamp as the reason I didn't get it was two fold: one the logo of token looks pants. Two I did find a guy who snapped a band....

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

The zero gravity negative G s were fine in the end and feel really so powerful modulation may become a problem. (I have read this...)

I had to get a new calliper bolt for the front one due to the size of the fork. Quick note here. SRAM and shimano bolts are steel. Campy are aluminium which is what ZG use they are all the same pitch of thread. I ordered a brand new one in the longest length from LBS for £2 delivered. I cant weigh them as the moment as a buddy has the scales but Ill put money on the difference is more than the bottle cage bolts. So I guess two calliper bolts £2 x2 for maybe a 15-30g saving....

Any how I followed the you tube tutorial from the ZG dealer in the states. He makes a big deal about cable lengths which I worked hard on. I didnt feel happy setting them super close to the rim, fortunately my R-SYS do not flex from side to side at all so this will not be such an issue on my set up. The return spring is quite powerful but not as much as dura ace. They do have a stunning bite on the front, the rear seems softer, this might be on purpose or could be the cables as the rear cable seems to move about between bar tape and frame.... Odd...

After inspecting the build quality, following the fitting tutorial, fitting new Swiss stop pro race green pads, and feeling the lever in the garage I'm confident in the negative Gs
Last edited by runningrunningjump on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

The only oddity with the ZG is following the tutorial you do wire the front cable in a much more organised and less restrictive fashion. Which is great! And it does make you wonder why on earth every bike isn't done like this? But it does result in the brake levers being back to front!

Anyone have any thoughts?

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

You can make out from my picture of the prologo saddle its the same pro t 2.0. It must be the post! My post is aluminium with a thin carbon wrap. Yours might be full carbon. Look down the end?

This is not unusual for bike manufactures. And I've seen it before with Cannondale. I bought a Cannondale carbon rush 4 MTb new at the end of 2008, and I had a choice of the out going 08 model or the new 09 model. The appeared the same bar a frame colour change, and they had kept the price the same at £2000 (like our super six 105) but they actually downgraded a number of parts which made the 2009 bike heavier.

This is to insure they can sustain a price point for a certain frame/ model.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

I've also just picked up a ritchey super logic bar from eBay which the guy insures me weighs 194g! And finally this is likely to be end end of the spending spree for a while. I will finish the bike with some light bar tape and get it weighed and photographed.

If more money permits then I'll do kmc chain, SRAM red cassette and SRAM red rear mech and ti spindles for the keo's.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com