Rear Dura Ace Skewer 65g
Tyres
Grand Prix 4000S Front tyre 217g
Grand Prix 4000S Rear tyre 217g
Seat post / saddle etc
Token seat clamp 13g
Original Cannondale seat clamp 28g
Original saddle and seat post combo 503g

At the moment I am extremely comfortable when riding the bike (it feels perfect) so I am not sure if I want to change the saddle, seat post, or handlebars in case I find the riding position isn’t still spot on. However it should be possible to get an identical angle and length stem so this is an area I may consider. Having said that a friend has the Bontrager seat post you mention about so I am intending when I have a spare 5 minutes to borrow it to see how it compares in terms of layback etc to see if I can get it to replicate the positioning of the stock Cannondale seat post, (I note that you have found your Bontrager seat post heavy so this is actually putting me off the idea).
What is interesting is how much heavier your original saddle and seat post combo are compared to mine (extra 69g). I purposely weighed the 2 together because as mentioned my position is just so spot on at the moment that I didn’t even want to take the saddle off the seat post in case I didn’t put it back in quite the same position. I am however now extremely tempted to weigh them individually to see whether the difference in weights between yours and mine is from the saddle or seat post, (interestingly although your saddle is a different colour to mine it looks identical as does the seat post).

As you say the bottle cage bolts seem like a real no brainer. Can I ask where you bought them from? So I can order from the same place.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

bolts were from ebay, but the KCNC clamp came from the boys at Clee Cycles and they do all A2Z stuff and are very helpful.

Forget the stem! if you look at my pictures youll see the standard Cannondale one is 136g this is really hard to better by more than about 10g and cost a fortune!

I would take some very careful measurements of you saddle/ post set up and take some pictures, then you can replicate the set up on a new post. if you like the saddle stick with it, but they do make the exact same saddle with ti rails... any layback post will enable you to replicate the position you have right now, the bontrager one had to go as this whole thread is about WW people telling me how to make my bike as light as possible (within reason) and 'Dammit' pointed out i had spent my money unwisely. The bontrager xxx lite was still 80g lighter than the standard one!

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Thanks for the reply. I will weigh my stock bottle cage bolts sometime between now and Sunday evening and on the assumption they are a similar weight to your stock ones get 4 of th A2Z. I see you already have a lighter crank fitted, presume this already comes with lightweight bolts as it seems changing the crank bolts can also make a big difference.

Yes I think I had already seen that the exact same saddle is available with ti rails! I will have to weigh seperately and see what the outcome is as possible the explination for the weight difference is that I have somehow got the ti rail saddle (wishful thinking probably).

(My Dura Ace wheel weights were as from the shop, i.e. including rim tape, this was a fare bit heavier than as per Shimano's web site but I am presuming / hoping that rather than having got a heavy pair they measure excluding skewers and hopefully excluding rim tape)!

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Hi I have been on eBay for the bolts and see some for sale in a packet and others that seem as though they are being sold loose. I presume they are all the same length but not certain, I don't suppose you can do me a favour and tell me the name of the eBay seller you bought yours from so that I can simply buy fom the same person so I ensure I definitely get the correct ones.

Having looked at your thread a bit more closely now i am at not at work your Cannondale stem does seem very light, will at some point have to weigh mine to check it weighs the same!

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

ebay item number of bolts:

A2Z Alloy Water Bottle Cage Bike Bolts 4pcs Anodised

Tredz Ltd

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

oh and ive just re read your earlier post. Shimano pedals! they suck! Look keo is where you wanna be. their 'classic' model that can be found for about £50 new are the same weight as Dura Ace!

stuartrav

by stuartrav

I have weighed one of my water bottle cage bolts and it was 3g without the washer and 4g inc washer. The weight saving doesn't therefore seem as big as what you have found however given the A2Z bolts cost so little I have ordered 4 of them in black from the ebay link you kindly gave me.

Your comments re pedals is interesting as I do occasionally struggle clipping into my PD 5610 (old 105 pedals) according to the internet they should weigh 322g so I am tempted by some new pedals. I have only breifly looked but the Keo 2 Max (260g) or Keo 2 Max carbon (240g) appear to be good compromises re price / performance / weight saving. I will try to have a more in depth look later and then make a decision.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

i have three sets of look pedals. forget the 'max' models, they are heavier. the regular look keo carbons youll find NOS and are superb see my pic of my carbons. cost under £50 2nd hand and they were mint.

stuartrav

by stuartrav

Thanks for the comments. After some internet browsing I found that Merlin are selling the Keo Carbon Blade cromo axle for £101.15 so I have ordered them, (Weight Weenies is an expensive habit)!

The new brakes look very good, as you say seeing as they are on the Super Six Evo Ultimate you would think they must be awesome, I have however seen a few bad reviews but as regardless of how good something there is always someone who will moan so I am guessing that they will be really good. It would be useful to get some feedback from you on how they compare on performance, (rather than weight) to the 105's and if you ever rode with them the Dura Ace brakes.

I will now try to follow your posts without getting the urge to buy anything else!

When the pedals and bolts arrive I will weigh and post hopefully with photos on here.

Finally are you using spacers with the bottle cage bolts (I am guessing I should)? Also have you used aluminium bottle cage bolts before? I ask as browsing the web I have seen comments suggesting you shouldn't replace steel bottle cage bolts with aluminium ones as aluminium is 1/3 strength of steel..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com