Storck Fascenario 0.6 Possibly the best bike in the world

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Discoverspeed

by Discoverspeed

Thanks for the build list. Superb choices.

I wouldn't trade grammes for riding pleasure if you are using the 0.6 as THE, or one of your main rides. It is always a balancing act.

Of course you can always custom build an even lighter wheelset and with, OMG, Tufos to mount on after a ride just to satisfy the ww in you. :wink:

Like you, I wouldn't trade Di2 for mech - it is really a personal choice. A sub 5kg Di2 build is a huge achievement indeed. Congrats!
Current Bikes: S-Works Venge 7.3kg
Storck F.3 5.5kg
Colnago Concept Art Deco CHDK 7/6.5kg
Collection: Team Ti Raleigh 753 Vintage Campy
Ex: Storck F0.6 Di2 6kg, Storck F0.7IS Di2 4.8kg, Storck Aero2 7.04kg Storck Organic Light 11.1kg

gumgardner

by gumgardner

konky wrote:
gumgardner wrote:Nice job Konky. Better pics would be appreciated. Did it kill you to put the heavy Di2 on this lightweight frame? I know I couldn't do it :wink:

Gum

We are of course coming from different places in our two WW builds. Even if my frame was 150g lighter I would not go down to the sort of weight that your Crumpton will be. Weight is important to me, I want a light bike, but it's not paramount. You are building a useable bike but it seems low weight is the significant overiding focus.

Part of the attraction of the 0.6 for me was trying Di2. And actually I love it and would not swap it to lose the 150-200g it adds to my build over a super lightweight machanical build. I could lose 50g or more if I tuned my Di2 but I don't want to. Not at this stage anyway.

The weenie in you :shock: will get to you eventually :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Montana

by Montana

konky - Awesome Build!!!

You have a VERY VERY VERY nice bike - :thumbup:

Enjoy :beerchug:

konky

by konky

Discoverspeed wrote:Thanks for the build list. Superb choices.

I wouldn't trade grammes for riding pleasure if you are using the 0.6 as THE, or one of your main rides. It is always a balancing act.

Of course you can always custom build an even lighter wheelset and with, OMG, Tufos to mount on after a ride just to satisfy the ww in you. :wink:

Like you, I wouldn't trade Di2 for mech - it is really a personal choice. A sub 5kg Di2 build is a huge achievement indeed. Congrats!

Discoverspeed - The 0.6 will be my main summer bike. It is so nice to ride I can see my R5 taking a back seat. You are right in saying sub 5kg (even just) is hard to achieve with Di2. I have yet to see one on WW that is much less than 5kg. If someone has one please post. I am not into rubbing off paint and tuning either. My aim is to have a normal bike but as light as possible and the best handling road feel possible. I feel I have achieved this.

By the way thanks to you and all others for their encouraging and kind words.

big bike 046[1] by storck4, on Flickr
Bike 2 009[1] by storck4, on Flickr
Last edited by konky on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nealjp

by nealjp

That's an amazing build. Loving the frame :!:
The lightness of everything else lets you use Di2 I reckon. I like the emphasis on rideability and comfort + it's way light enough! than

konky

by konky

gumgardner wrote:
konky wrote:
gumgardner wrote:Nice job Konky. Better pics would be appreciated. Did it kill you to put the heavy Di2 on this lightweight frame? I know I couldn't do it :wink:

Gum

We are of course coming from different places in our two WW builds. Even if my frame was 150g lighter I would not go down to the sort of weight that your Crumpton will be. Weight is important to me, I want a light bike, but it's not paramount. You are building a useable bike but it seems low weight is the significant overiding focus.

Part of the attraction of the 0.6 for me was trying Di2. And actually I love it and would not swap it to lose the 150-200g it adds to my build over a super lightweight machanical build. I could lose 50g or more if I tuned my Di2 but I don't want to. Not at this stage anyway.

The weenie in you :shock: will get to you eventually :wink:

Gum I don't think the WW in me will get to me on this. I love Di2.

My target weight for this build was 4.5kg. It has come out half a kilo over, and I will over time be looking to lose that weieght, but even if this wasn't a Di2 specific frame, I don't think I would I would remove the Di2. To me it's integral to the excellence of this build.

kangaroo

by kangaroo

Wow, nice ride!!!

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Fantastic!! Any new handling reports on this?

konky

by konky

The more I ride this bike the more crazy I am about it. I am 110% certain there is no finer ride on the planet, and by some margin. I absolutely love it. It has a masively solid and reliable roll but it's incredibly nimble also. You just feel like the crank has got a little Cancellara motor in it, it's like magic. And in the flesh it just looks so clean and special.

notsoswift

by notsoswift

It is very sweet
Just get an internal battery for the DI2, anything else would compromise the ride, and Iagree you should never do that

yeaitsdave

by yeaitsdave

Haha tough crowed.. Thing is it's not a cannondale or a bh and that is in my mind a great thing..[/quote]

couldnt agree more. nice bike

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

We appreciate that you're proud/pleased with the new ride, and rightly so; but "best bike in the world"?! For you at the moment it certainly might be your all-time favorite but not necessarily for anyone/everyone else...
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

JSS

by JSS

Fourthbook wrote:We appreciate that you're proud/pleased with the new ride, and rightly so; but "best bike in the world"?! For you at the moment it certainly might be your all-time favorite but not necessarily for anyone/everyone else...

Beautiful bike, but best bike ever? that is an incredibly arrogant statement to make. That is a personal preference, each rider has different needs. I demoed the storck and the geometry was not right for me....

I do question your choice of components. I wonder how great it will be when that brittle stem snaps in half going downhill at 45kph, isn't that why they are banned from use in the US?

It is kind of funny that there are some people here that think an 11 pound bike should be lighter.

konky

by konky

I've actually changed my view on this bike since I've really got used to it. It isn't POSSIBLY the best bike in the world, it is THE best bike in the world.

jamesfifield

by jamesfifield

konky wrote:it is THE best bike in the world.

Great to see a WW bike getting ridden properly and enjoyed! Congratulations on a super build

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com