Good Bike shops in the L.A area

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

duz10s

by duz10s

Travelling to L.A in March this year and wanting to check out some shops.

Probably mostly interested in ones with good clothing ranges etc but parts would be sweet to, never know what I could buy.
2015 RCA with Di2

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

racermech

by racermech

What city are you staying in, most people refer to just about anything in the southern California area as LA, until you hit san diego. Will you have a vehicle, or someone to drive you around?

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Cynergy Cycles is one of my favorite shops to check out when I'm in Santa Monica, and they have a good clothing selection.
http://cynergycycles.com/
:beerchug:

tinman143

by tinman143

Helen's Cycles in Santa Monica

ksroadie

by ksroadie

Bike Effect, Santa Monica high end shop.

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

and Velo Pasadena if you're on the east side.
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

i had good experiences at incycle and arts cyclery (both aren't exactly IN l.a though)

Zitter

by Zitter

Incycle Pasadena, tons of high end stuff

bearsdidit
Shop Owner

by bearsdidit

A Road Bike 4 U in Irvine, CA. Great selection of bikes from Pina, Giant, Scott, Blue and Guru. They mainly carry Capo and Nalini clothing and have a good selection of parts.

duz10s

by duz10s

Staying right in Downtown LA not far from the Staples centre
2015 RCA with Di2

ksroadie

by ksroadie

Pasadena shops probably the closest to downtown (11 miles). Santa Monica shops aren't too far—by LA measures anyway (16 miles). Know that weekday driving anywhere in this city above parking lot speed is possible between 11am and 3pm only. :)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hi.

In the downtown area you won't find too much for high end shops. There are no WW-centric shops in the LA Area. The closest, by a long stretch, is the aforementioned Bike Effect in Santa Monica. All of the other aforementioned shops (Cynergy, Helen's, VeloPasadena, etc:) are just your usual shops with clothes, various brands, and fancy decor. Some are significantly larger than others. To be honest, and I'm good friends with a few of the owners of those shops and privy to all their politics, they're just the usual shop you'd see in Australia or any other 1st World country for that matter. Nothing too special.

A good, somewhat unique, shop that is near enough to downtown would be Golden Saddle Cyclery. It was documented over here.

If you do end up in Pasadena, all of the shops are basically the same - the usual alotment of brands. Except for one. That would be Open Road off of Sierra Madre (name of the street). It's worth a trip and at least an hour of rummaging around. You'll find everything from random local and vintage kits of all types to used high-end components. The owner is a fantastic guy, talk to him and you can strike a deal. A friend of mine once bought a pair of ZIPP 303's for $300USD. They were lightly used, otherwise perfect. Foes manufacturers their bikes in the same building (off the back)...

If you do end up in the City of Burbank for some reason or another, Velo Pasadena has an extension store in that area - where they keep all their really high end goods. It's a boutique shop if there ever was one. The shop is called Velo Studio (from Velo Pasadena).

If you need other recommendations, feel free to send a PM or contact me through other methods. Other WW members here have contacted me when they're in the area and I've done my best to help sort things out for them, including laying out entire maps of riding in the area. If you are looking for specific products or brands, I can help with that as well.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

ksroadie

by ksroadie

Open Road is an interesting shop. Not high end exactly, but lots of interesting and vintage kit as Prendrefeu mentioned. Owner is great and very knowledgable guy.

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

ksroadie wrote:Open Road is an interesting shop. Not high end exactly, but lots of interesting and vintage kit as Prendrefeu mentioned. Owner is great and very knowledgable guy.

"crazy dave"

He's awesome, though... ask him about his pedals... ;)
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

duz10s

by duz10s

prendrefeu wrote:Hi.

In the downtown area you won't find too much for high end shops. There are no WW-centric shops in the LA Area. The closest, by a long stretch, is the aforementioned Bike Effect in Santa Monica. All of the other aforementioned shops (Cynergy, Helen's, VeloPasadena, etc:) are just your usual shops with clothes, various brands, and fancy decor. Some are significantly larger than others. To be honest, and I'm good friends with a few of the owners of those shops and privy to all their politics, they're just the usual shop you'd see in Australia or any other 1st World country for that matter. Nothing too special.

A good, somewhat unique, shop that is near enough to downtown would be Golden Saddle Cyclery. It was documented over here.

If you do end up in Pasadena, all of the shops are basically the same - the usual alotment of brands. Except for one. That would be Open Road off of Sierra Madre (name of the street). It's worth a trip and at least an hour of rummaging around. You'll find everything from random local and vintage kits of all types to used high-end components. The owner is a fantastic guy, talk to him and you can strike a deal. A friend of mine once bought a pair of ZIPP 303's for $300USD. They were lightly used, otherwise perfect. Foes manufacturers their bikes in the same building (off the back)...

If you do end up in the City of Burbank for some reason or another, Velo Pasadena has an extension store in that area - where they keep all their really high end goods. It's a boutique shop if there ever was one. The shop is called Velo Studio (from Velo Pasadena).

If you need other recommendations, feel free to send a PM or contact me through other methods. Other WW members here have contacted me when they're in the area and I've done my best to help sort things out for them, including laying out entire maps of riding in the area. If you are looking for specific products or brands, I can help with that as well.

thanks alot for spending the time to post the above, when I know more about my schedule I will be in touch, sounds very interesting
2015 RCA with Di2