OCCP vs. Empella ?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Petteri

by Petteri

Hi,

Are there any differencies between OCCP Team Issue and Empella Bonfire SL cx-frames ? I guess Empella is really quick handling because of steep frame angles, but this may not be good for my purpose. Is OCCP any different, I haven't found the frame spec's nowhere and "end user experience" is asked here...

Thanks for any input.

-p-

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

I used to have Empellas now I'm riding OCCP. Both are very light and quick handling bikes with steep angles and short rear stays/wheelbase. The main difference is the higher bb on the OCCP, almost criterium-style. While this may feel a bit "different" on steepish descents due to the higher center of gravity, it is definitely an advantage when accelerating out of turns. The higher bb also makes it easier to ride over bumps, it's hard to explain: you're just not getting lifted out of the saddle as much as on bikes with a lower bb.

I'd say Empella is kinda "old-school" while the OCCP is modern criterium off-roader.

OCCP
in the industry

by OCCP

Hello Petteri,
You ask for the different between my Team Issue frame and the Empella Sl....
The first difference is ,that my frames are made in handbuilding by an very small manufacturer in czech republic.

The Empellas and also the most other CX frames, the are on the market will be made in Taiwan and China.
I think my geometrie is also much betther than an Empella frame.
The weight of my frames is also betther than an SL frame, when you use an Python fork.
You can also find the frame specs on www.occp.de
When you are interested write an mail on info@occp.de

Regards,
Oliver

Petteri

by Petteri

Dr.Dos wrote:I used to have Empellas now I'm riding OCCP. Both are very light and quick handling bikes with steep angles and short rear stays/wheelbase. The main difference is the higher bb on the OCCP, almost criterium-style. .

Have you measured the OCCP bb height ? How about Empella ? This is my interest, as I'm looking for a frame maily to build an off-season road bike, so low center gravity would be a bonus.

-p-