Argon 18 Gallium Pro 2012 *Complete..pics on page 2*

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

quango2k

by quango2k

Hi Guys,

well my frame arrived from http://www.bikeleasingcompany.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; today..got it all built up..tell me what you think :)

Gallium pro 2012 in medium
Full dura ace Di2, compact chain set and 11/23 cassette
DA 7900 c50 clinchers
Veloflex Corsa 22 tyres
3T Ergonova team bars, stem in 100mm and seat post (changing this all to Zipp or Pro parts though)
fizik team garmin edition (changing this to something black soon)
lizard skin DSP tape
speedplay titanium pedals
nokon brake cables (awesome!)
weight...6.71kg (with the c24s on)

Last edited by quango2k on Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

Interesting bikes but deserves better photos.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

quango2k

by quango2k

yeah, i will get loads done on the weekend :)

HWWilson

by HWWilson

I'm guessing you won't be taking it out this weekend due to the cold snap but when you do, let us know how it compares to the Focus.

quango2k

by quango2k

will do :)

just fitted some veloflex corsa 22mm tyres and latex tubes..what a PIG to fit!! i think i have thumbs that belong in history books now!

decided to stick with the 3t bars, stem and post combo..but gonna get the stealth black team versions instead, but at the mo i can only find the stem in stock anywhere so I have ordered a 110mm one for now. will change the rest over the next couple of months. saddle wise, I want to change but not sure wether to stick with the antares and just get a lighter black model instead.

if anyone is interested in the Focus cayo frame set or any of the 3T parts, keo blade pedals etc please PM me and I will give you a good price :)

KH1

by KH1

:thumbup: Welcome to the club, It's only a club of 2 by the looks but that just makes it more exclusive :mrgreen:
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

quango2k

by quango2k

KH1 wrote::thumbup: Welcome to the club, It's only a club of 2 by the looks but that just makes it more exclusive :mrgreen:

yup :) well, i went on a short ride this morning..its easily the stiffest bike I've ridden. will give a bit more info after a few hours in the saddle...its due to snow tonight here so I don't think it will be for a while :(

I've backordered the 3T team stealth black bars, and seat post..Stem should be here next week and still undecided about what saddle I want.

I also ordered some new decals for the c50's from the graphics shack.. got them in gloss black with a 2mm white outline so it should de-noise the wheels a bit :) can't wait for the Zipps to arrive so I can get them on too...after days of fitting tubs (bugger!)

robertg

by robertg

Your bike looks really good! I really like the color scheme you have going on.

quango2k

by quango2k

robertg wrote:Your bike looks really good! I really like the color scheme you have going on.

really? i am not liking the red bits so have ordered black team edition parts instead.

HWWilson

by HWWilson

Lovely looking bike, what's the idea behind the little Fizik sleeve on the seatpost, just to add some friction to stop slippage?

Just out of interest, so you'll now have C24s, C50s and some Zipps. What role will each wheel play, will the C50s still have a purpose?

quango2k

by quango2k

HWWilson wrote:Lovely looking bike, what's the idea behind the little Fizik sleeve on the seatpost, just to add some friction to stop slippage?

Just out of interest, so you'll now have C24s, C50s and some Zipps. What role will each wheel play, will the C50s still have a purpose?

the fizik thingy came with the saddle...not 100% sure what for but its good at indicating if your post is slipping I suppose, it should also keep water out..if it could get in there in the first place lol..i think its for styling..but for me, some of the red print was coming off in that area (probably due to flex) so I put it on to cover it up.

well, c24s i use on the hilly training days with the 11-25 cassette
C50s are for the fast n flat days..and the Zipps...well, I just wanted them lol I think the Zipps will be an all rounder so may end up selling the C50's..but there is nothing like having spares :)

BenW

by BenW

Nice. Always been curious about these.

quango2k

by quango2k

a few more pics with the new custom decals..just a few more red bits to get rid of :P

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Get your self a few 06 o-rings and replace the pastic sleeves your using for to stop cable rub... You need about 3 for the front and 2 for the rear of the brake housing.
It's a way cleaner look and on black cables the o-rings kinda blend in real nice

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Malkor

by Malkor

Great detail in the pictures.

The universal cable stop mounts are a thoughtful addition.

*sugarkane - the o-ring idea is a classic, and very intelligent solution, especially on black nokons