Bike fitting on the Internet.

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bricky21

by bricky21

Rick wrote:I am still wondering how many people really pay $3K for a suit ?
I mean really.....how good can a suit fit and look ? :shock:

Where and when do you wear such a thing ? To work ?
....or only when hobnobbing with supermodels at parties thrown by Senators ?

Funny thing is I'd bet most people that wear 3k+ suits probably wonder how many people would actually spend 3k+ on a bicycle frame. :lol: :lol: :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rick

by Rick

Funny thing is I'd bet most people that wear 3k+ suits probably wonder how many people would actually spend 3k+ on a bicycle frame.

But in my real life, I actually see $3K...$5K,.,,$7K bikes quite regularly.
( I rode around on a bike today that cost me $3000 in 1985)

Are you telling me there is a whole area of society where people are walking around in $3K suits ? :shock:

I guess I would just like to go visit that place for a couple days to see what's the deal. :noidea:

I'm a hillbilly from Idaho. Maybe that explains some of it. :thumbup:

LouisN

by LouisN

The potatoes I buy from Idaho are 3 times more expensive than the local ones.... :shock: ....still a potatoe !!!

Louis :)

(Maybe I should post a picture of my mashed potatoes, so you people can tell me if they look fine... :lol: )

Don

by Don

I think the discussion on Road Fit Protocol in the Fitters sub forum of the Slowtwitch Forum illustrates that there is no common road fit protocol among bike fits/fitters. This may be a different situation from having a suit cut and tailored.

The mantra found on cycling forums of "go get a bike fit" can readily be offered as a solution but it may be tokenism when there is no one solution given the variance in some of the fits. As the discussion in that forum illustrates, even with a fit and the data that is provided, a customer may continue to have question about what size of bicycle to buy. One fitter explained that some cyclists require not a "fit" but coaching on how to use a bicycle. A fit will fail if the cyclist continues to have poor posture and apply improper mechanics. When frustration occurs, it is not surprising that questions arise especially given the belief that riding a bicycle is easily learned.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Don wrote:...One fitter explained that some cyclists require not a "fit" but coaching on how to use a bicycle. A fit will fail if the cyclist continues to have poor posture and apply improper mechanics. When frustration occurs, it is not surprising that questions arise especially given the belief that riding a bicycle is easily learned...

I wholeheartedly agree.

However the question would then be, can these issues be resolved "remotely"? By and large given the aforementioned variance in people who supposedly know what they are doing the answer would still be "no".
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG