Show me your Winter bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

jekyll man

by jekyll man

[quote="solarider"]Carbon, titanium and stainless steel don't rust. In theory therefore, they make the ideal winter bike, wheel and component material. quote]

lets just put Di2 on as well; and then we wont have to worry about sticky cables causing sloppy gearshifts ;-)
Official cafe stop tester

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hungryalex

by hungryalex

Here is mine.

Throw around stock redline conqest.

Please ignore the white tires. They look like rubbish but Maxxis re-fuse is a fantastic winter tire.

South west ohio can be nasty.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo-6.JPG
Team Hungry Cycling - http://www.racehungry.com

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I did this bike in spring 2008. This was the time when disc brakes in cyclocross frame was still rarity. The frame is made from Columbus spirit tube set and painted frame weights 1621gr. From the start I decided to draw the frame for the mountainbike fork, bekause that time selection of the disc forks was wery limited. This decision made it allso possible to use wider front tyres, which is a big plus on the winter time. On the first picture I have in front 2,1" whit studs and that makes the bike really a winter killer (at the moment we have -23 degrees outside). Later I got a carbon fork (Trigon 476gr) instead of the first aluminium one. I haven't put much efort to cut the weight of this bike, because its like a working horce. I use it only on the bad weather, and it's equipped with fenders on the summer time. Total weight without fenders and whit cyclocross tyres it's 8884gr. I have posted my ligther cyclocross for good weather viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98764" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The best part was the proses of making the frame by my self. Have a nice winter rides!

lcoolb

by lcoolb

That's a serious winter bike! I guess you need it there... Enjoy the ride!

rainerhq

by rainerhq

There is a big difference between winter and winter. Last weekend we had -12C and I managed to do on 2h training and one 1,5h training before toes got frozen.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

Kasparz

by Kasparz

That's what I'm talking about. In Latvia we have same extremely low temperatures these days, in weekend I was training in -15 degrees. But it is better than shitweather with wet snow.

Adri

by Adri

Its around -8 here today. Not much good staying out for hours, with the air very bad in quality due to fine dust from Eastern-Europe industries .
Auribus teneo lupum

Guy

by Guy

Summer has finally arrived, so here's my winter bike before it is packed away.

Deng Fu FM028 54cm, Shimano 105, Hong Fu 50mm tubs.

notsoswift

by notsoswift

Winter bike with carbon tubs - that is the spirit

damitamit

by damitamit

My winter FM028 in multiday mode. Aptly named for winter training... Eat Less Ride More (ELRM)

Guy

by Guy

notsoswift wrote:Winter bike with carbon tubs - that is the spirit

To be honest, they're just for the photo and are my race wheels. Winter wheelset is Open Pro rims, Hope hubs and Open Corsa Evo CX clinchers.

Sorry!

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Already posted in the CX thread, but it's really more of an all around beater bike for me. No-name alu frame, powdercoated blue. Crank sprayed white myself. WCS bars, stem and post, SSM Zoncolan saddle. Praxis 38t single front, XT 11-36 cassette, SLX RD. Ultegra STIs, BB7 disc front, Shorty rear.

Wheels are custom, 36 hole XTR M965 front/Ultegra rear hubs with Aerolite spokes and Mavic Open Pro ceramic rims, Challenge Grifo XS clinchers.

The slacker steering angle with heavy wheels and 32mm tyres makes it track very well on gravel, compared to my road bike. Flip side obviously is the slow steering on the road, but I'm trying to avoid too much of that in times of poor visibility.

What amazes me most is the ride of the Grifo XS, at 3bar the feeling is like slipping between sateen sheets with freshly shaved legs, and I'm not even using latex tubes :D

Attachments
beateur-small.JPG

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It's a repainted Traitor Exile. All kitted up ready to ride it is 25lbs but that's with a full water bottle and the tool bottle packed full of tubes, multitool, CO2 inflator, CO2 cartridges...

BeeBee30

by BeeBee30

Upgraded quite a bit of this since last posted, so thought I'd post a build list:-

Frame Cannondale CX9 52cm
Fork Easton EC90X
HeadseT Campagnolo Record
Seat clamp Token(I think?)
Front derail Campagnolo Record
Rear derail Shimano Ultegra 6700
Brakes Zero Gravity Canti's
Shifter Shimano Ultegra 6700
Crank Hologram SL
Casette Sram Red
Chain KMC X10SL
Seatpost Easton EC90
Handlebar Pro Stealth
Saddle Fizik Antares braided
Pedals Speedplay X series
Wheels Planet X Model B(I think?)
Tires Continental Gatorskins 32c

The race number was a gift off my little boy for Xmas, matches my cars numberplate lol.

Ti or dye!

The Weenie formally known as CAADHEAD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Adri

by Adri

Here is my latest one.

Auribus teneo lupum