Carbon fiber headset cap and brake stop

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Riccfs
in the industry

by Riccfs

Hello all,
I recent was asked to make a carbon fiber headset cap with a combined brake stop that would cleat the P4 head tube bulge. Here it is and it weight less the the FSA carbon headset cap.

I can also make them for standard head tubes, it would probably take off a gram or \Two. If any one is looking at purchasing one place contact me.

FSA carbon head set cap 12g
C2C carbon cap and stop 9g

Ric R
http://www.concept2composite.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
FSA carbon cap 12g
FSA carbon cap 12g
C2C carbon cap and stop
C2C carbon cap and stop

euan

by euan

This was also posted on the road forum.

SPAM.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frans

by Frans

I said it once and I'll say it again - the most I'd pay for that is about £20 for just the hanger.

If the hanger replaces my 1.5cm conical headset top-cap then I suppose I'd go up to £30.

Given the performance "benefits" of a bit of carbon where alu does a great job, there's not a strong business case.

Also, note that people are moving from steerer tube to fork crown mounted cable stops to deal with judder.

vcnz

by vcnz

Frans wrote:...Given the performance "benefits" of a bit of carbon where alu does a great job.....

In my case, the carbon hanger was a huge improvement compared to alu since was the only way to get rid of fork chattering. I changed brakes, brake pads etc. but nothing worked. I almost came to the point to throw my fork away (Easton Ec90) but the carbon hanger worked ! I bought the Berner, it costs 23eu, in terms of money/improvements it was my best buying ever by far, I also bought it for my 2nd bike.