S-Works WC46 Venge.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

My new S-Works WC46 56cm Venge. Numbered 15 of just 200 made worldwide. Matt finish, gloss text. Rotor 3D+ chainset; 170mm arms, 53/39 chainrings, 12/25 Dura Ace cassette, Rotor chain (KMC), Rotor chain catcher attached, FFWD F5R C tubular wheel set, Vittoria Corsa tubs, TRP 970 SL calipers, S-works bars/stem and 143 Romin Pro Saddle, Look Keo carbon pedals, Dura Ace shifters, front and rear mechs, s-wrap classic tape.

This is a 40th birthday gift to myself. All parts excluding BB30 chainset stripped from previous bike, cleaned, made good and re-used. Red ferrules added to cable ends as a little touch. Ideally, would like a little less red on the wheelset but I have balanced that out with the white saddle and white bar tape. I normally only ever use black on the contact points but felt that the white lifted the colour and tied in the theme nicely. Before the build I was cautious it would clash, but now I love the 4 tier colour way of black, white, red and silver (silver found inside seat and chain stays as well as forks).

I know the Venge has its detractors but I absolutely love it and thankfully where I live, those deft Roman cats left some lovely roads behind which my bike will love :D

Thanks for looking. Finally, weight as seen 15lb 6oz.

Love to all x

Last edited by diegogarcia on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

Great looking build, well done :thumbup:

johnymac

by johnymac

yes me old mucker consider yourself well and truly vindicated .. truly smashin' !! in fact its the dogs b*llx :mrgreen:

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Really nice looking bike, I originally went with white saddle and bartape with white hoods, but after 12 months switched bartape and hoods to black, as the white looked awesome when new, but became a mission to keep clean.
Just a thought - some custom black on black wheel decals might look really good on your bike.
What is the weight, and more importantly a review on the ride.
:thumbup:
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

I hope Specialized know what they are doing ... TRP 970SL calipers are not entirely compatible with DA 7900 brake levers, that's why TRP brought out the 979 range of levers. http://www.trpbrakes.com/products.php?catid=183

trustbran

by trustbran

Thats nice!

Mahalo,
Brandon

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

good looking
take off the stickers from the wheels it will look much better
πατα τραβα ρε

milkbaby

by milkbaby

Sweet bike! And happy birthday to ya!

my inane ramblings via tapatalk

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

Ozrider wrote:Really nice looking bike, I originally went with white saddle and bartape with white hoods, but after 12 months switched bartape and hoods to black, as the white looked awesome when new, but became a mission to keep clean.
Just a thought - some custom black on black wheel decals might look really good on your bike.
What is the weight, and more importantly a review on the ride.
:thumbup:

Weight as listed 15lb 6 oz. Have only ridden home after collection but hoping to take the bike out this week. However, snow forecast in the UK from Tues.

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

Valbrona wrote:I hope Specialized know what they are doing ... TRP 970SL calipers are not entirely compatible with DA 7900 brake levers, that's why TRP brought out the 979 range of levers. http://www.trpbrakes.com/products.php?catid=183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have run 970 sl on three bikes with now issues. Please advise on the issue as mechnical only and fits like a glove; I pull, I stop :noidea:

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

miltmaster3 wrote:good looking
take off the stickers from the wheels it will look much better

I cant, under a clear coat finish. FFWD are releasing some black on black decals which are due into the UK sometime soon.

timintense

by timintense

awesome venge :thumbup: , that will look fantastic with the black on black wheel decals
My bikes:-
- 2014 Lapierre Zesty AM 727-11.9kg
- 2012 Storck Fenomalist Di2 - 7.1kg

Carbon - Lightens your bike and your wallet
OCBD - Obsessive Compulsive Biking Disorder

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Now thats the first Venge i like....

Sweet!!
:D :D :D :D
Official cafe stop tester

markyboy

by markyboy

Sweet looking bike pete,when the better weather comes we will have to go out.
Really like those wheels.

see you soon mark
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

diegogarcia

by diegogarcia

markyboy wrote:Sweet looking bike pete,when the better weather comes we will have to go out.
Really like those wheels.

see you soon mark

Thanks.

Sure thing mate. Arranging my 40th birthday ride if you fancy it in the Spring. Let you know as and when. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com