Gum's Latest Project...Ruegamer...final pics p19

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gumgardner

by gumgardner

I had a spacer above the stem, but i felt better with it slammed. I don't think it'll be a problem. I hope not :wink:

Thanks for the compliments though. It took forever to be built, but I'm really happy with it. Coming from my 15+ lb Time, it's amazing how much you can feel the drop in weight. I can't wait to see what the Crumpton feels like.
Last edited by gumgardner on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astranoc

by astranoc

Fuchspk wrote:i would love to see the veloflex on the enve 24 too! i think it looks best with the 24 but the brown colour from the 42´s tires looks just right.
nice bike (and i really mean that! ;) )

+1 on that the brown colour looks great on it. It's a really beautiful bike, enjoy it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

artray

by artray

First class stuff Sir.

campbellrae

by campbellrae

That's awesome! Worth the wait! Can't wait to see how the Crumpton looks now, will have to go some way to beat this...

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

Another vote for the Enve 45s w/brown Veloflex: tres classy and functional. They add just a bit of eye-catching pazazz IMO. I can also image switching to a KCNC cobweb set of chainrings and perhaps adding some color to a tuned RD, QR and chainring bolts...
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

fa63

by fa63

I like it; looks purpose built with the slack STA to facilitate the use of a zero-setback seatpost and still achieve an appropriate amount of saddle setback, and the taller headtube to put the handlebar where it needs to be without resorting to a spacer tower.

The weight is not too shabby either :thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Congratulations! Looks great!
:thumbup:

Now go out and ride.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

BmanX

by BmanX

:-D So glad to finally see the finished product.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

split

by split

STUNNING :unbelievable:
S P L I T: 2010 Meivici: 14.4 lbs | 2003 Odile: 19 lbs | Hunter Cycles Cyclocross: 17 lbs | 2013 Dundee Cycles Jewell 29er: 17 lbs

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Niice Jeff!!

I notice the front wheel is slightly higher than the rear in the pic, so slope is slightly less than ot appears (the reverse for drop), non?

Did Mattias's bearings work out for you? How do you like the SiSls, they should be about twice as stiff as your Ax cranks :D?

/a
rolobikes

gumgardner

by gumgardner

andy2 wrote:Niice Jeff!!

I notice the front wheel is slightly higher than the rear in the pic, so slope is slightly less than ot appears (the reverse for drop), non?

Did Mattias's bearings work out for you? How do you like the SiSls, they should be about twice as stiff as your Ax cranks :D?

/a

The bearings from Mattias are on eBay because I didn't need them since I went with a true bb30 crank. The bearings were designed to take the AX BSA and adapt them to a bb30.

The cranks feel stiff, but I'm having some issues with the narrow stance (low q-factor). I have to play a little with my cleat position. Im getting a little pain on the outside of my ankles. I think I need to slide my cleats inwards a little to increase the q-factor. I haven't had too much I've to play with things yet.

andy2
in the industry

by andy2

Try some shims on the pedal axle?
rolobikes

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Beautiful!! :beerchug:

jozuph

by jozuph

Very nice. I am wondering why the shifters are higher than the saddle or is that due to the pictures?

gumgardner

by gumgardner

It's the angle. I'll get more level shots. There is quite a drop from saddle to the bars. I do ride with the shifters a little higher than some, but it's comfy for me and feels better when I'm out of the saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com