Chain: Shimano 6700
Cables and Housing: Gore Ride-on
Pedals: Speedplay X Stainless

Wheelset: Shimano RS80 C24
Tires: Vittoria Open Corsa SC
Skewers: Shimano 6700

Untitled by btompkins0112, on Flickr

Untitled by btompkins0112, on Flickr
Last edited by btompkins0112 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:43 am, edited 24 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimmS

by TimmS

Is this bike replacing your six or is it just a second bike?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

This is replacing my six.....got fitted and was told I could get a more aggressive position on a 58 CAAD.

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

The frame has arrived!! Now if all the parts would get here!!! :evil:

And some more parts roll in w/ the postman!

Centurione

by Centurione

look good! it's the best alu frame....

grafics is very aggressive.

enjoy it! :up:
Fabrizio

Miller76

by Miller76

Excited to see how this comes along. I have a six13 and was really considering swap to a CAAD10 - I think the bar/stem combo will look really good with this frame!!

Good luck and looking forward to updated pictures.

JAGGY

by JAGGY

Looking forward to this one.

Same as my new build. Good choice in 3t. Thats what i've gone for. I'm just putting the finishing touches to mine.

I can't seem to find a carbon one to match my 3t pro stem and bars. I may just end up with a 3t alloy one.

Cheers

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

JAGGY wrote:Looking forward to this one.

Same as my new build. Good choice in 3t. Thats what i've gone for. I'm just putting the finishing touches to mine.

I can't seem to find a carbon one to match my 3t pro stem and bars. I may just end up with a 3t alloy one.

Cheers

Thanks! I am using a 3T Dorico Pro seatpost as it matches the rest of the parts.....not ww, but aesthetic weenie on that choice. May be a bit stiff, but I wasn't looking for comfort when I chose the CAAD. Build should be complete by the weekend and will post some pics.

In discussions with some builders about a wheel build for the bike.....on the fence between Kinlin/CXray/bitex or Velocity A23/CXray/bitex.......also gust though about ordering the Pro Build wheelset from Velocity......

hmai18

by hmai18

JAGGY wrote:Looking forward to this one.

Keep an eye on eBay. 3T made Dorico Team posts with a white stripe that came standard on the Ultegra Cervelo R3 this past season. I've also got a black/white CAAD10 with white striped 3T finishing bits and it pulls everything together quite nicely.

2ndgen

by 2ndgen

btompkins0112 wrote:And some more parts roll in w/ the postman!

LOVE when The Postman brings goodies!

:beerchug:

JAGGY

by JAGGY

Keep an eye on eBay. 3T made Dorico Team posts with a white stripe that came standard on the Ultegra Cervelo R3 this past season. I've also got a black/white CAAD10 with white striped 3T finishing bits and it pulls everything together quite nicely.

So they made the carbon team one then with white stripe? Was just about to buy a Thomson 25mm set back which i think looks good in a Caad 10. But may hold out for the comfort factor of carbon.

JAGGY

by JAGGY

I'm using the wheels manufacturing setup with the existing BB30 bearings for my Ultegra 6700 crank.. It now seems that it is just spinning and not turning the bearing etc. Will investigate this week and let you know. Its still mega quiet and no creaking like the piece of s**t FSA adaptor i had on another bike.

JAGGY

by JAGGY

I'm using my Cosmic carbone sl's, RS20's or my heavy old 105 hubs on FIR rims 32 spokes for the winter setip.

Sorry can't comment on custom wheels. I'm looking for some Kysrium elites for crits.

veloryan

by veloryan

I have been checking out all the CAAD 10's on WW as I just got one for myself a week ago and I'm fully impressed what people are dong with these.

Looking forward to seeing this one built up too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hmai18

by hmai18

JAGGY wrote:

So they made the carbon team one then with white stripe? Was just about to buy a Thomson 25mm set back which i think looks good in a Caad 10. But may hold out for the comfort factor of carbon.

Personally, I have my doubts about how much extra comfort the carbon shaft of the Team model offers. You'll notice more of an effector on comfort by playing with tire pressure. For me, it was mainly about the bling factor.