HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:05 am
Posts: 339
Location: Perth, Australia
Juanmoretime wrote:
Might be an issue with the saddle on backwards but what do I know? :smartass:


Juanmoretime, not sure if you've seen the new dash tt/tri specific saddle:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/articles/imag ... saddle.jpg

...apparently very comfortable....and super light at only 80-odd grams (don't quote me on that)!!

_________________
Road bike: Pinarello Dogma 60.1
TT bike: Trek Speed Concept

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XxCZagAjk


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:39 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:26 pm
Posts: 93
this is my old one

Image



this is my new one


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 125
andreszucs wrote:
Here is my project:
Tires; Tufo Tires tubular rear - 210.6
Tufo Tires tubular front - 210.6



For the love of God, get rid of those Tufo's!
Slowest rolling tyre ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 237
Any suggestions? under 210g?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 1412
andreszucs wrote:
Any suggestions? under 210g?


Yes, Continental Podium TT (195g)

_________________
See My Bike & Tillquist's Kitchen !

A Power2max user..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:54 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 237
Tillquist wrote:
andreszucs wrote:
Any suggestions? under 210g?


Yes, Continental Podium TT (195g)



Thanks for the advice. What kind of tire do you use on your super-duper TTX project? congrats on you amazing bike .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:33 pm
Posts: 1412
andreszucs wrote:
Thanks for the advice. What kind of tire do you use on your super-duper TTX project? congrats on you amazing bike .


Continental Competition 19 :thumbup:

_________________
See My Bike & Tillquist's Kitchen !

A Power2max user..


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:42 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 237
Dawm!!! I like what I see. Interesting how removing the Zipp logos highlighted the chain and Trek sitckers. Very cool!
KMC chain installed and new setup chainrings 34/53. 34 for huge climbs and 53 for TT's....ready for everything!

(19g less removing Zipp stickers by the way.... :) )

Actual weight: 7550g

Next step:

Cassette: From Ultegra 12-23 (220g) to Recon 10SP 11-25 (100g) = saving 120g and Faster!!!!!
Zipp extensions bar and shifters: to...Zipp S-bend extensions integrated with Sram R2C = saving aprox 90g ( to be confirmed)

New theorical weight: 7340g

Dreams: Dash saddle TT09 (86g)....... :thumbup:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:32 pm
Posts: 7453
Location: Los Angeles
Do you only have one leg?? Just guessing based off your avatar/image.
(Not meant in any way to be offensive or demeaning, I think it's amazing that you're able to ride/compete through the challenges!)

_________________
Exp001


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 am
Posts: 72
Just started my TT project. Good news it weighs 14 lbs, bad news it still needs some parts.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:31 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 237
prendrefeu wrote:
Do you only have one leg?? Just guessing based off your avatar/image.
(Not meant in any way to be offensive or demeaning, I think it's amazing that you're able to ride/compete through the challenges!)



You are correct! I'm bellow the knee amputee...but I like to be active as you can see! :beerchug:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 am
Posts: 181
What kind of leg/ cleat interface do you use? I used to ride and work with some of the gb para squad and they had some cool legs with built in cleats where the cleat would be on a foot, unlike a lot which stick the cleat in line with where the leg bones would be so isn't efficient

I used to wind the guys up claiming their carbon legs weigh less than mine, so that's why they beat me up hills! That and the 20 hours a week training!

_________________
"I want to absorb all of your pop culture"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:15 am
Posts: 237
Tallboy wrote:
What kind of leg/ cleat interface do you use? I used to ride and work with some of the gb para squad and they had some cool legs with built in cleats where the cleat would be on a foot, unlike a lot which stick the cleat in line with where the leg bones would be so isn't efficient

I used to wind the guys up claiming their carbon legs weigh less than mine, so that's why they beat me up hills! That and the 20 hours a week training!


I use the cleat attached straight to my carbon foot, but I still have some rubber to walk a little bit, the tube connecting to the socket is a cervelo P3 seatpost...very aero, to bad you can't see in this picture, but has a decent aero profile.

for your idea:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:23 am
Posts: 640
Location: Melbourne, Australia
andreszucs wrote:
Tallboy wrote:
What kind of leg/ cleat interface do you use? I used to ride and work with some of the gb para squad and they had some cool legs with built in cleats where the cleat would be on a foot, unlike a lot which stick the cleat in line with where the leg bones would be so isn't efficient

I used to wind the guys up claiming their carbon legs weigh less than mine, so that's why they beat me up hills! That and the 20 hours a week training!


I use the cleat attached straight to my carbon foot, but I still have some rubber to walk a little bit, the tube connecting to the socket is a cervelo P3 seatpost...very aero, to bad you can't see in this picture, but has a decent aero profile.

Respect! :thumbup:

_________________
Slam your stem.
prendrefeu wrote:
Hating a 'drivetrain' choice on one bike vs. another is as imbecile as people getting into fist-fights at a motor race that they are not actually racing in Australia over a debate between two car companies. It really is ridiculous.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:54 am
Posts: 181
Thats cool! A p3 leg, nice. Looks sleeker and more high tech than the gb legs, though I guess they a overbuilt for track use. Enjoy the aero benefit!

_________________
"I want to absorb all of your pop culture"


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 pm 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], hilts, MSNbot Media and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Walser Model 5 time trial bike

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

schs

16

1771

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:41 am

jooo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Pearson vintage aluminum time trial bike

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

SWijland

3

684

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 am

Fuchspk View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cheap time trial saddle?

in Road

jockster

4

639

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:37 pm

UpFromOne View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. UCI Granfondo Time Trial Route Valli dei Laghi (Trento)

in Training

geca

1

305

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:22 pm

ultyguy View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. hey hey!! time to get back on the bike

in Cycle Chat

currieinahurry

6

515

Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 pm

currieinahurry View the latest post


It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB