Integrated Bar and Stem for a Giant TCR Advanced SL Build

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nelson

by nelson

Hi
I am looking for an integrated bar and stem that will fit on the new Giant TCR Advanced SL
1 1/4" steerer tube. I guess PRO will do one for Rabobank but i can t seem to find any other
manufacturers ?
Alternatively are there any choices of stem or am i stuck with the Giant stem in either aluminium
or carbon ?
Anyone know how i can contact PRO to check whether they will be manufacturing a Stealth Evo with
a 1 1/4" fitting ?
Cheers

Nelson

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grasschopper

by Grasschopper

Well I have no clue about an integrated option but I do know that you can use Specialized stems without the angle adjustment shim (so it becomes a regular stem with only one rise or drop option), there the FSA K Force Lite that comes in 1.25 and comes with shims to adapt to 1 1/8", The Syntace Force 119 is the same way and Ritchey makes the WCS 4-Axis for Canyon in a 1.25" version but they don't sell them in the US that way. Someone here said that you can source the Ritchey from a tandem shop in the UK but I haven't looked that far into it.

So you do have some stem options...I had emailed Ritchey and the response was that they were contacted by Giant at the last Interbike about production of a 1.25" for the after market and they didn't do it this year but are considering it for 2013.

oboy

by oboy

There is a lot of 1 1/4" stems in Germany coming from Canyon owners. If you know german you can probably find one here... http://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/thread ... 1-4.82798/