Other than Custom..

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

Does anyone know of a frame that I could get a 55 seat tube c to c with a 53.5 top tube c to c? 54 maybe would work.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

daj

by daj

Yeah, seat tube is quite a useless measure. Or are you looking for a classic steel frame?

Could you provide required seat tube angle and head tube length (or stack/reach measurements).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HUMP DIESEL

by HUMP DIESEL

daj wrote:Yeah, seat tube is quite a useless measure. Or are you looking for a classic steel frame?

Could you provide required seat tube angle and head tube length (or stack/reach measurements).

Seat tube angle would need to be in the 73 degree range. Head tube length would beed to be somewhere near 15cm.

HUMP
Why are the best things in life always the ones you start last?

slyboots

by slyboots

So, 53.5 TT, 73 STA, 15 HT? You might have luck finding one among the lower level frames. None of the top end frames I considered fit guys with long legs well in medium-small sizes. :|

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Colnago offers many sizes therefore it would be logical that you could get close to custom.

Traditional lugged extreme power frame geometry for example.

http://cbikeusa.com/colnago_extreme_power.htm

To me top tube length is important The seat tube can be made up with the seat post. The angles can be made up by seat position, handle bar choice, stem length spacers etc.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

slyboots

by slyboots

Not even a chance. Their geometry is seriously screwed for sizes smaller than 57.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Have you looked at a chart yet?

If you wanted exact sizes you would go custom.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

slyboots

by slyboots

You mean like this chart:

size reach HT
57 395 158
56 397 150
55 397 141
54 397 132
53 395 123
52 398 114
51 400 106

Nice geometry, isn't it? :wink:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I don't know where you got those numbers but I posted the link to the chart I provided above

But here it is again.

http://cbikeusa.com/colnago_extreme_power.htm

slyboots

by slyboots

They are from that same very chart.

Hint: Reach = O - Sc.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Like I said, reach, and angles which have anything related to the contact points can be obtained using the appropriate seat post, handle bars, stem, crank length, fork steer length.

Anywhere between a size 54-56 would work in this case and if it was set appropriately the with the components frame size will be irrelevant.

I would always opt for the smaller frame size.

If you must be exact save your money and buy custom.

Fin.

slyboots

by slyboots

It might work in your imaginary case, but Colnago geometry is pretty far off from HUMP's specifications.

bricky21

by bricky21

Still isn't exactly what your looking for, but it comes fairly close in the 54. Are you looking for a 150mm headtube for standard headset or an internal type?

CrazyErrol

by CrazyErrol

My missus needs a similar sort of short & tall frame.

We were looking at custom but found Condor do a RL version of the barrachi but also do a custom option on all frames for £100, which means you can get a custom carbon for not a lot of £. We are gonna get a different fork to the monstrosity on it and may tweak the geo a bit with custom but at just 6 ft with hardly any reach she was pretty good on the stock 55cm she tried today. She loved the bike too, reckoned it was like riding on a cloud but glued to the road (her words)!! But I guess on here that bike is heavy low end.

Maybe the 52 is nearly what you are after? In terms of TT, STA and HT (don't see ST relevance aside from a square frame) it's mm out.

They do lighter carbon bikes you could go custom on but you don't want that option?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bricky21

by bricky21

Serottas performance geometry(tall head tube and short reach) is another good option, but no level top tube. They actually designed the bike for an upright position (rather than just making the headtube longer) with the long chainstays and low bottom bracket to keep it riding like a bicycle rather than a unicyle.

Serotta Geo.JPG