Which canti's for Centaur Ergo's?

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

MileHighMark

by MileHighMark

Going to be running Centaur Power-Shift levers, and looking for cantilever recommendations. Willing to give up some pad/rim clearance for more power/modulation. Note that v-brakes are not an option as I'll occasionally be using 2.00" tires.
GRAVELBIKE.COM - ride everything

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mobi

by mobi

This year I changed to the avid shorty ultimate. These are pretty much the best cantis I tried over the last 10 years. I run them both in the narrow position with the triangle a little bit higher in the front. Still you will have enough clearance but a very good modulation and brake power is also enough.

ldamelio

by ldamelio

Nothing specific about the Centaur levers - you can use any canti you like - I have Centaur on my former race (now pit) bike with Tektro 720's - serviceable so I never bothered to upgrade. On my current bike, I have the Shorty Ultimates. +1 on the last post - I love them. However, there are many cheaper options out there if you don't want high end. Campy just released their own cantilevers - recent review on Velonews.com by Lennard Zinn - if you want to stay pure Campy. Not sure of theiir availability yet. Anyway, short answer is: any canti you want will work.

mobi

by mobi

Indeed the Tektros are very nice and much cheaper. I only missed these barrel adjusting bolt directly on the brake.

monty dog

by monty dog

I'm running TRP CX 8.4s mini-vees and TRP CL951 cantis - either is excellent and work well with Campagnolo levers - great power and modulation. I wouldn't discount the mini-vees - I measured mine and they'd easily accommodate a 2" tyre
Just ride

MileHighMark

by MileHighMark

monty dog wrote:I'm running TRP CX 8.4s mini-vees and TRP CL951 cantis - either is excellent and work well with Campagnolo levers - great power and modulation. I wouldn't discount the mini-vees - I measured mine and they'd easily accommodate a 2" tyre

If they'll clear these tires, I'll definitely consider the 8.4's:

monty dog

by monty dog

For info - just measured my 8.4s and the distance between the top of the rim and underneath the straddle cable is 45mm if that helps?
Just ride

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MileHighMark

by MileHighMark

monty dog wrote:For info - just measured my 8.4s and the distance between the top of the rim and underneath the straddle cable is 45mm if that helps?

I don't think they'll clear the big Pacenti or Nevegal tires.