2012 Madone 6.9 SSL 5988g (13.2 LBS)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Pessin218

by Pessin218

Hi Guys,

I have been admiring the handy work on this page and thought I would jump in as well. 8)

This is my new Project One Madone SSL. I am currently waiting on my Far and Near Ti/Carbon Skewers from Fairwheel Bikes and a few other accent pieces. I plan to upgrade to a lighter wheelset and crankset here in the near future to bring the weight down to 12.5 LBS. What are your thoughts of this build? What do you think about the detailing? Please let me know...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56324380@N ... 597693415/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for looking!

-Jon
Last edited by Pessin218 on Wed May 23, 2012 8:01 am, edited 6 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 2002

Very nice build.

Pessin218

by Pessin218

Thank you very much!!! :mrgreen:

Pessin218

by Pessin218

Ok, here is the break down of the current and future parts (These are speculated):
Attachments
Spread Sheet.jpg

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

Great looking ride! The Madones somehow start to grow on me. :)
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Nice!

I would remove the Easton logos!

Adamd

by Adamd

sweet bike!
What size frame is it? And how did you tune the seatpost? How much weight did it save?

A

cnbky

by cnbky

the speculated build list looks really amazing (not that it isnt now - I love madones) however i wouldn't go with the elite jets, thats the easiest & cheapest way to ruin your ride....though the weight is tempting at times.

Pessin218

by Pessin218

Thank you guys!

Nice!

I would remove the Easton logos!

I plan to remove the Easton logos once the warranty is up. I hear there is a tendency for these wheels to do strange things flying downhills.

sweet bike!
What size frame is it? And how did you tune the seatpost? How much weight did it save?

A

The frame size is 54cm (small, I know). I didn't do any work on the seat mast cap to preserve the lifetime warranty (I like warranties, especially with my bad luck :lol: ). Though I did carve down and paint the saddle clamp and saddle saving me around 20g on the clamp and over 25g on the saddle. I did the tuning more for the fun of it than weight savings. Heck, looking at all of the other bikes on here, I could go crazy with the dremel and make a 10 lb Madone! (Though, this would contradict my previous statements...) :mrgreen:

the speculated build list looks really amazing (not that it isnt now - I love madones) however i wouldn't go with the elite jets, thats the easiest & cheapest way to ruin your ride....though the weight is tempting at times.

Thank you for the heads up! What was the factor that made you not like the Tufos? I was worried that the Madone was not as loved here (with it being hated most everywhere else)...

Guymk

by Guymk

Very nice! The 6 series madones done right can look really great. I think most of the trek hatred comes from the fact that a lot of freds buy them and ride around with huge spacer towers and are fredly and what not. I used to work at a trek dealer and i think for next year i am going to get a nice 6 series ssl bike( it will be done right, of course).

Pessin218

by Pessin218

Thank you. My SSL still needs some work. Hopefully, when it is done, it will be done right.

May I ask, did you come up with Fred, or did that derive from some thing else? :lol:

kdanny1

by kdanny1

small frame for 54. nice project, with the updates then a really nice and light bike!!
light and lighter...

Pessin218

by Pessin218

kdanny1 wrote:small frame for 54. nice project, with the updates then a really nice and light bike!!

Thank you!

Guymk

by Guymk

Pessin218 wrote:Thank you. My SSL still needs some work. Hopefully, when it is done, it will be done right.

May I ask, did you come up with Fred, or did that derive from some thing else? :lol:

No i didn't come up with "fred". Its just a term used to classify posers, i.e. people in radioshack kit with a keg, ect.

Pessin218

by Pessin218

No i didn't come up with "fred". Its just a term used to classify posers, i.e. people in radioshack kit with a keg, ect.

I have to agree with your statement (especially with the "freds" who have the team edition P1 madone and matching kits.) :lol:
To each of their own I guess. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com