2011 Cervelo S2 aero and 13lbs(5900g) dead new pics page:20

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Tallboy wrote:The downside to stripping the saddle if you have an extreme position like you have and I do is it's more skippy o you may find you're pushing yourself back on the seat a lot. If you can get an old slr off eBay to try it on before you wreck your best seat! This is mine viewtopic.php?f=10&t=90731&hilit=Slr+tuning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but stick slr tuning into search and there's detailed guidance too

It's a race bike, the seat is torn up on the sides anyway from crashing.

SSB wrote:There's something inherently more sexy about aero weenies. It flies against the conception that they're mutually exclusive.

Love it. :thumbup:

Yep, aero, and light is the way to go.

dgasmd wrote:Now, where have I seen this bike before............... :thumbup:

Yeah, can you believe as big of a weight weenie as I am it took me until just now to join this board?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Don't go hang yourself in the closet. We forgive you!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

I've been a long time lurker. I just now decided to come out of the shadows. I love this place!

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

So I did a photochop of removing most of the noisy stuff from the frame. I got a quote from hottubes.com of $675 to implement the changes.

Then long term I am thinking of a Scapula F, and an Egg brake for the rear. It would drop over 1/4lb, and be more aero in theory.

This will probably be over next winter. I figure I'll probably keep a hold of this bike for a long time. I am not a big fan of the S5, and I don't see anything else that really inspires me to make a purchase, so I figure I'll just continue to make this thing lighter, and faster. As always thoughts, and comments are always appreciated.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

These came in today. A far cry from the advertised 210g, but better than the 271g they are replacing, which were also advertised as 210g. Merry Christmas bike weenies!

sastre

by sastre

looks good but do yourself a faver don't get rid of the paint in my opinion looks far better with it the cervelo graphic thats wrong in my opinion and will improve resale.
always a shame when the weights are over can you lose some on geting ti an alli bolts every were
10-15 grms maybe.
Full steam we go against the odds
Headfirst we go against the grain
Against the odds, against the grain
We go against the odds, against the grain

Getter

by Getter

Those Egg brakes look interesting. :mrgreen:

I looked them up and read something about having to squeeze them hard for them to be effective. Has anyone used them?

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Getter wrote:Those Egg brakes look interesting. :mrgreen:

I looked them up and read something about having to squeeze them hard for them to be effective. Has anyone used them?

Yeah, I am interested in trying one. Either that or Hooker SL, or Delta C.

sastre wrote:looks good but do yourself a faver don't get rid of the paint in my opinion looks far better with it the cervelo graphic thats wrong in my opinion and will improve resale.
always a shame when the weights are over can you lose some on geting ti an alli bolts every were
10-15 grms maybe.

I am not really concerned about resale value. I'll probably hold on to this bike for a long time. I already have aluminum, and titanium bolts used throughout.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

New tires, Vittoria Evo CXes, dropped off about 50g over the Zipp tires I had. Should ride a bit better too. Under 2000g for the set complete with skewers, and cassette with 160psi in them. Uncountably a bit lighter at actual race pressure. Bike will be under 6000g very soon.

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

Some new pics today. New tires, new stem, some al bolt tuning, and so fourth....

BmanX

by BmanX

Bike is looking great. I would think the Simkin's front and bike would be great if you are really wanting to go aero. I would suggest something like the Omega once it comes out with the integrated cable hanger since you do not have enough room to run a cable hanger under the stem. Not as light as your set you but more aero. That way you do not have to go with that crappy so called aero fork you are thinking about.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

BmanX

by BmanX

Also think about one of the new Cervelo Forks. The FK26 is lighter than the 3T fork and more aero.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

i love it
πατα τραβα ρε

ProfessorChaos
in the industry

by ProfessorChaos

BmanX wrote:Bike is looking great. I would think the Simkin's front and bike would be great if you are really wanting to go aero. I would suggest something like the Omega once it comes out with the integrated cable hanger since you do not have enough room to run a cable hanger under the stem. Not as light as your set you but more aero. That way you do not have to go with that crappy so called aero fork you are thinking about.

Thanks for the compliment. It means a lot coming from you. You have been an inspiration throughout this build. Now on to the good stuff. Have you used a Scapula F? Why do you call it a so called aero fork? I would think one of the biggest advantages in an aero fork would be hiding the front brake, and shielding it from creating turbulence. Other than of course being a thin bladed design. I also like that fork Ridley has on their new aero bike with the integrated brake, and that once Parlee built with the integrated brake. The THM is the only one you can actually buy however. Anyway what is this talk about a Cervelo fork? Any idea if you can buy them separately from a Cervelo dealer? What bike do they come on? The S5 I assume?

miltmaster3 wrote:i love it

Thank you. I love it as well! Glad to see others appreciate it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com