Anyone ever heard of Riivo shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

These look petty nice.

http://www.riivo.com/

xrs2

by xrs2

Interesting...I was just looking at custom shoes.

Although my Sidi shoes are great, as my longer rides start to go past 150-200 miles, even minor comfort issues are magnified. The D2s seem nice and have great reviews, but I can't get past the way they look. These are better looking, although of course I have no idea if they are as nice as the D2s. Think I might take a chance and try them out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spinwax
Shop Owner

by spinwax

These are sweet looking. Made in the USA as well.

xrs2

by xrs2

I just ordered a pair...stock size, custom color (because I like all-black shoes). Brad Harper wrote me back shortly thereafter and asked me for foot tracings to be sure I get the right size; he also asked me what I didn't like about my current shoes.

Excellent service so far!

dustbin

by dustbin

Some team mates and friends have some... I've heard nothing but great things about them.

CSquare43

by CSquare43

Nice enough looking shoes.....

BUT.....

With costs that range from basically $400-$1,000+, I don't expect that they'll get too much traction in the market.

bricky21

by bricky21

CSquare43 wrote:Nice enough looking shoes.....

BUT.....

With costs that range from basically $400-$1,000+, I don't expect that they'll get too much traction in the market.

$1000 for the level of custom their offering in their shoes is not a bad price when considering how much more performance they'll deliver when compared to $6000+ wheels(tires not included) and $3-10000 plastic bike frames. :wink: Thats assuming the foot molds are made perfectly. I'd be doing it several times to make sure. When my D2's were out I'll be checking these guy's out, but that may be a while :D .

mythical

by mythical

This is definitely one of the more exciting threads I've come across lately! I would totally pedal those shoes! 8)

My remarks would be that if they're so custom, I would rather have mine without buckle. Maybe even a BOA option would be cooler. Hopefully, they're worth the buck... :beerchug:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

xrs2

by xrs2

Just had a foot casting session for my custom Riivo shoes. I did it myself, or rather my lovely helper did the casting while I sat around and criticized her work :D .

I'm getting 4-hole all-black with a red cuff. Will take pictures when they arrive, and report shortly thereafter on how they feel.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I'll be watching.

bricky21

by bricky21

xrs2 wrote:Just had a foot casting session for my custom Riivo shoes. I did it myself, or rather my lovely helper did the casting while I sat around and criticized her work :D .

I'm getting 4-hole all-black with a red cuff. Will take pictures when they arrive, and report shortly thereafter on how they feel.

Do you have any pics of the castings?

xrs2

by xrs2

Yes I'm taking some tomorrow...Brad Harper at Riivo wants to see them before I send them in. Will post tomorrow. It was a relatively simple process, you just need someone who doesn't mind being intimate with your feet. I think he has professionals available to do it in many locations, just nobody in the NYC area right now.

I have to say I am really looking forward to these shoes. Most of my miles on the bike are on ultra distance rides. Once you get beyond 100-200 miles every little bit of extra comfort matters....

My previous shoes, which were Sidis, were pretty great up until about 150 miles when I started to get some numbness. I've spent all winter getting all my contact points with the bike absolutely perfect.

SW

by SW

xrs2 wrote:Yes I'm taking some tomorrow...Brad Harper at Riivo wants to see them before I send them in. Will post tomorrow. It was a relatively simple process, you just need someone who doesn't mind being intimate with your feet. I think he has professionals available to do it in many locations, just nobody in the NYC area right now.

I have to say I am really looking forward to these shoes. Most of my miles on the bike are on ultra distance rides. Once you get beyond 100-200 miles every little bit of extra comfort matters....

My previous shoes, which were Sidis, were pretty great up until about 150 miles when I started to get some numbness. I've spent all winter getting all my contact points with the bike absolutely perfect.

Have you received your new shoes yet? I'm looking into custom shoes and would love to hear how they are working out for you. Thanks!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

inquiring minds want to know...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xrs2

by xrs2

Another photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36397392@N ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately, my first pair was too small (I opted for stock shoes). Brad Harper at Riivo is overnighting me a pair that is a size larger.

Although I haven't had a chance to test them yet, they are beautifully made and very light.
Last edited by xrs2 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.