Now I'm OK with all my 'Made in China' labeled team kit.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

chipomarc

by chipomarc

http://www.rapha.cc/made-in-china" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arky

by Arky

There is no limit to what Rapha will romanticize. Next week I fully expect to see a vignetted B&W picture of dog poo, seen through a mysterious heavenly fog on the side of the road whilst sipping a cappuccino.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Hitler also liked the simple, solid-coloured clothes with a distinct arm-band aesthetic.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

record

by record

Lol I thought this is this rapha like page made by jens voigt army and then realized it was actually real.

Amazing. Simply amazing.
A light bike does replace good fitness.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

The prejudice that Chinese-made products are cheap and inferior can be likened to that of the view taken towards electronics and machinery made in Japan fifty years ago. Now, as an economic powerhouse and technological leader, the Made in Japan label holds significant value intellectually as well as economically.

Whoever wrote this is either very smart, or rather dumb. You can prove everything from a false premise. Even that chinese products are good because japanese ones are.

(That should not mean there are no good chinese products, just the way this argument is constructed boggles the mind)
Last edited by HillRPete on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fat tire

by fat tire

They liken the Chinese textile to the electronics coming out of Japan 50yrs ago. Japan did produce an inferior product then, and gradually improved it to what it is today. So Im guessing that in 50yrs Rapha will make a great product. Clothing and Electronics:Apples and Oranges?

Do not worry buying clothes made in sweat shops will allow the companies to invest in better work spaces for the employees. So buying sweat shop clothes you are actually improving the work environment.

I can not even follow the twisted logic being presented.

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

This thread needs to go away... fast!

It's the same bullshit - if it's made anywhere outside of a cave in the dolomites by one-armed midget virgins, it must be crap
regardless of how skilled the outsourced labor may be. As a luxury goods company, you go to who can do it the best and still meet the price point you are after and I applaud Rapha for their transparency... even though it WAS all overly romanticized dribble.
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

OK... someone pissed in my wheaties this morning... (and NOW I think I know who it was)

While I stand by what I meant regarding overseas manufacturing, I am appalled by Rapha's APPEARANCE of transparency. I really do believe that "transparency" is something sorely needed in this part of the industry and something we plan on incorporating into our marketing and branding strategies. I want everyone to know where our goods are being made because we have been looking long and hard for the right materials, people, and tools to carry our vision through...

But this is a *f##k* travesty. If you click on the link to KTC it's quite apparent that it was designed by the Rapha crew (whoever does their branding / design). This, to me, is the opposite of transparency as it is sooooo bloody insincere. But I guess, in the end, their focus is keeping their Rapha fan boys happy and that will do the trick nicely.

crap!

That's f_ing weak!!! Now it really makes me wonder who exactly IS making their stuff...
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

roadman

by roadman

Torm :lol:

kevinkalis

by kevinkalis

I think for the premium you pay for a Rapha product, it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect it to be made in the UK. Isn't that also why Zipp wheels come at an exorbitant cost?

They talk about design like the Rapha designers spent years coming up with those designs. Please.
K2

Do you suffer more when you train, or cannot train?

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Well we all know what happened when Cannondale started to make the CAD 10 in China... oops.. :D

Arky

by Arky

dolophonic wrote:Well we all know what happened when Cannondale started to make the CAD 10 in China Taiwan... oops.. :D

hansonator69

by hansonator69

prendrefeu wrote:Hitler also liked the simple, solid-coloured clothes with a distinct arm-band aesthetic.

I had a good laugh over this one :lol:
Slam your stem.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

So glad all those nasty sweatshops have gone! I knew China would come good in the end. :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Wow, I'm not nearly an anti-far east, pro-made in USA type, but that write up is so intellectually dishonest it makes me sick.