BB94 Sram Compatibility kit-Wilier Cento Uno

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jero

by jero

Weenies does anyone know where I can obtain a Sram compatibility kit (bearings-adaptors-spacer) for my Cento either online (Europe) or even better locally in London.I have already contacted several shops and nobody seems to stock those.Most of the stores told me that they would need more than 2 weeks if I order it.Thanx in advance fellow weenies :mrgreen:

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

Have you contacted sram direct? I don't know of anything other than this guy: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40479 which works on bb86
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jero

by jero

743power wrote:Have you contacted sram direct? I don't know of anything other than this guy: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40479 which works on bb86

Unfortunately only Wilier does this kit and provides it with the cento uno frameset.It is not made by Sram.What I am after is two bearings which are accompanied by small plastic adaptors and a spacer.So only Wilier sellers can probably have this.Thanks for the assinstance anyways :P

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

They should have come with your frame...did they not? Is it second hand?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Try ATB Sales who are the importer for the UK.

jero

by jero

520 Dan wrote:They should have come with your frame...did they not? Is it second hand?

Initially I had a Shimano crank on.I intend to call ATB first thing tommorow because I 've been trying to reach them since last morning but they apparently do not operate on weekneds.Thanks for all the responses :o .Yet if someone has seen it anywhere pliz reply. :up:

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

They've also been at the London show.

Cento

by Cento

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

I have unused Shimano/Sram bearings and retainers that came OEM w/ my Cento Uno that I can get to you. PM me if interested.

I'm switching out my Shimano DA cranks for Campy SR as soon as the new crankset arrives (in several weeks) and have been using Enduro Zero ceramic bearings (http://www.superflycycles.com/servlet/-strse-321/Enduro-Zero-Grade-3/Detail) instead of the Shimano bearings that came w/the frame. They've been fabulous and fit perfectly. If interested in them, let me know, too.

BTW:The guys at TwoHubs are great. Highly recommended.
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

the TwoHubs kit is for shimano.
only the more recent frames i've seen have had the full kit to cover campy, shimano, and sram.
the gxp kit that Hope makes may work on the wilier.

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

thisisatest wrote:the TwoHubs kit is for shimano.
only the more recent frames i've seen have had the full kit to cover campy, shimano, and sram.

I believe TwoHubs sells two kits: one for Shimano & Campy and the other for SRAM: http://twohubs.com/p-41-wilier-bottom-bracket-bearing-kit.aspx Be sure to use the 'Options' pull-down to specify the one you want.
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

yup, i stand corrected.

Cento

by Cento

:thumbup:
Fourthbook wrote:
thisisatest wrote:the TwoHubs kit is for shimano.

I believe TwoHubs sells two kits: one for Shimano & Campy and the other for SRAM: http://twohubs.com/p-41-wilier-bottom-bracket-bearing-kit.aspx Be sure to use the 'Options' pull-down to specify the one you want.

nycyclist

by nycyclist

Currently building up a cento1 but having a lot of problems with the BB assembly trying to run Sram red.
I am following BB assembly instructions as per Wilier's instructions. Non drive side ( wavy washer - 6805rs bearing- aluminum sleeve) Drive side ( 1mm spacer - 6805rs bearing - plastic sleeve)
after all these parts when i tighten up my crank to ~ 45 - 50NM, there seems to be a lot of resistance when spinning. In another words, my crank won't turn smoothly.
Has anyone come across this problem ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com