german ebay?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

So I'm looking for a used tune speedneedle or ax-lighness saddle on german ebay, and I'm wondering, I live in the states, they live in germany, and if I do everything through paypal, no problem, except for the whole language barrier thing...anyone have any experience with this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cadence90

by cadence90

520 Dan wrote:So I'm looking for a used tune speedneedle or ax-lighness saddle on german ebay, and I'm wondering, I live in the states, they live in germany, and if I do everything through paypal, no problem, except for the whole language barrier thing...anyone have any experience with this?

Not really a problem, I've done this before; I've found that if you write to the seller, say sorry I don't read German and ask your questions, you'll get a perfect English response promptly (except for seller "luckynino" re: a Syntace99 stem who posts the Syntace site photo of the item, then says he's never seen red pads or the washers at the stem clamp!!! I didn't buy from him....).

Generally, I find asking simple questions, asking for the shipping costs, stating your good feedback record, all helps. I have even sent cash via Registered Mail (before PayPal was big) and never had a problem. Be prudent, informed, listen to the speed/tone of the response, and you should have no problems either.

It's interesting, German eBay has good stuff, hard to find in U.S.; Italian eBay has zero (I think eBay is not as common there yet). Good luck!
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

nikh

by nikh

I bought my Storck cranks from a guy in Germany he spoke good English and was a pleasure to deal with.

He didn't or couldn't use Paypal I forget which so I payed the funds directly into his bank account via a wire transfer. I was a little hesitant in doing this but it all turned out good.

Bruiser

by Bruiser

I purchased some shoes from the Netherlands and had no trouble.
I wired the money via bank account.
I get the impression that most europeans speak engish in addition to their native tongue.

Brian

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Bruiser, youre damn right! most people in the netherlands start english education at the age of 11! Maybe this is also the age for other country's to start their english education.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

HäddaFahn

by HäddaFahn

Yah...me speaks good the england !!! :D

tobias

by tobias

...just go ahead and ask. a good price for a new speedneedle should be around 90EUR new, the ax should be 200.
regards

tobias.

hint: you could also use the tour-magazine board
(http://www.dk-community.de/tour/) to find a personal ad, which should be cheaper...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com